Start a Conversation

Unsolved

NM

3 Posts

January 31st, 2019 01:00

Battery

I have a Dell Latitude 7490 - When plugged in via one of the new docking stations (single lead to small black box), the yellow caution triangle shows next to the battery icon in the lower right side task bar. When I hover the mouse over it displays 'Fully charged (100%)'.

error.png

How do I get rid of the yellow triangle?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

January 31st, 2019 06:00

That symbol is just a place holder for a link/image/ or something else that cannot be accessed. Probably caused by the dock interfering with the link to the Internet or an image on your computer. Ignore it.

January 31st, 2019 07:00

This is what I don't like about technology. The **bleep** thing is making it's own mind up. I don't want to see it there in the corner 24/7 yet I can't get rid of it because the laptop wants in there. Just great.

1 Message

February 12th, 2019 03:00

I have the same 'problem', because I see it as a warning for something.
If it is not a warning or I should ignore it, make sure that the yellow triangle is not there.
Adjust the software, and make sure it doesn't show up when Dell says I should ignore it.

1 Message

April 7th, 2019 20:00

Doing the Windows update has fixed my issue.

4 Posts

July 29th, 2019 04:00

Same here, this started Friday but today I had Windows updates and Dell Support Assist suggested a critical BIOS update from last Wednesday - seems the yellow warning sign is fixed (for now)

June 14th, 2020 08:00

I started seeing this issue this week after a Windows Update and a Dell BIOS update. Very frustrating that such "updates" cause problems like these!

1 Message

April 1st, 2021 12:00

I thinks it's because you are charging over the docking station (usb-c). USB-C (60W) doesn't deliver as much energy as the standard charger (130W). So your laptop charges / discharges at a lower speed.

April 13th, 2021 05:00

This is caused by the incorrect power adapter being used.   To clear the exclamation mark,  reboot and enter the bios, go to the power event log and you will see the power event causing the exclamation mark.   Clear all log events and exit.  The exclamation mark will now be cleared!

Hope that helps

1 Message

July 9th, 2021 14:00

I actually reviewed any pending updates and found out that I had a few of them waiting to be installed, so I installed them, and after I reboot my machine, the yellow icon disappeared. 

1 Message

July 23rd, 2021 08:00

This problem was caused (for me) by connecting another USB-C device (a monitor that required power) to the laptop. As I am powering the laptop via a hub, this additional power draw meant that the laptop 'thought' it wasn't getting sufficient power. Once I disconnected the monitor (and connected it to the hub instead) the warning triangle disappeared. 

12 Posts

October 31st, 2021 07:00

Same in my case, unplugged device from USB-C adapter and the yellow warning icon disappears.

February 20th, 2022 09:00

Had this same issue.  In my case I was using a pass through docking station. Luckily, I have 2 USB-C slots in the laptop.  So plugged in power to power slot (marked with lightning bolt) and the docking station into the other slot. Problem solved.

1 Message

November 17th, 2023 23:09

I have the explanation symbol....  I've now changed the battery (the old one was failing on it's own, it would say 4hrs and not last 30 mins) and now the power adapter/charging cable with a new one, and nothing. Bios, updates of every kind...... still there unless I unplug the charger....  says weak power supply.....  how can that be?

This on a XPS 15 9500 not new but has always run great

(edited)

No Events found!