Highlighted
2 Bronze

DW1530 WLAN Driver Update Reduces Speed by 90%

Jump to solution

My Latitude laptop running Win 7 Pro uses a DW1530 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card and was having connectivity issues with 5 Ghz wi-fi connections.  At Dell Support's recommendation, I installed the supposed fix for this issue, Network_Driver_WF26J_WN_A02.EXE Version: 5.100.82.112 ,A02 from the following link:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=wf26j&oscode=w764&product...

The driver installed with no issues and I was able to connect to a 5 Ghz wi-fi connection.  The connection stayed live and did not drop, however my download speed has now been reduced to ~7.5 Mbps and upload speed reduced to ~ 0.5 Mbps.  With the previous driver I was getting ~50 Mbps download and ~10.5 Mbps upload speed on a 2.5 Ghz connection.  I was unsuccessful in trying to rollback the driver and cannot locate the original driver DW1530 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Driver version 5.100.235.12 anywhere on Dell's web site.  At these speeds wi-fi is useless on this laptop.  Very frustrated.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Duane

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
5 Rhenium

Re: DW1530 WLAN Driver Update Reduces Speed by 9

Jump to solution
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

The C9VJ1 would not even install, however the 51DM4 installed without issue.  On reboot, connected to 2.4 Ghz router and ran an Ookla speed test.  Download is ~48 Mbps and upload is ~11 Mbps.  I'm happy - not even going to try the 5 Ghz connection.  It's not useless anymore!! 😃

Now if I can get the screen fixed - dropped a small, lightweight aerosol can on the keyboard around the cursor keys and now the screen is way off color and blurry.  It didn't hit the screen and there are no marks, dents or scratches on the keyboard.

Thanks for your kind assistance on the wi-fi card.

Best regards,

Duane

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

Glad you were able to get the wifi working. 😃

6 Replies
Highlighted
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

which model laptop?

easier to find drivers that way

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

It's a Latitude E5520, Win 7 Pro.  There are no earlier drivers anywhere on the Dell web site and Dell Support is no help - they want to do remote assistance and reinstall Windows.  I'm hoping to give this to my grandson if I can get the wi-fi working again on 2.4 Ghz.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Duane

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=c9vj1&oscode=w864&product...

It says it is for Windows 8 but is actually from 2012.

See if that works. Report back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

The C9VJ1 would not even install, however the 51DM4 installed without issue.  On reboot, connected to 2.4 Ghz router and ran an Ookla speed test.  Download is ~48 Mbps and upload is ~11 Mbps.  I'm happy - not even going to try the 5 Ghz connection.  It's not useless anymore!! 😃

Now if I can get the screen fixed - dropped a small, lightweight aerosol can on the keyboard around the cursor keys and now the screen is way off color and blurry.  It didn't hit the screen and there are no marks, dents or scratches on the keyboard.

Thanks for your kind assistance on the wi-fi card.

Best regards,

Duane

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

Glad you were able to get the wifi working. 😃