Closed

M

3 Posts

April 24th, 2023 12:00

Dell 5430 RAM upgrade

Latitude 5430

Latitude 5430

Hello,

I have just purchased Kingston 32GB modules (KF432S20IB/32) for ram Upgrade on my 5430 laptop, but when I change existing modules to new ones my computer does not boot up, it does not even boot the bios. Before purchasing I did go through dell manuals looking for supported memory list, but did not find anything only supported module specs. These modules match the specs stated in dell manuals. Is there anything I can do to get the laptop running on these modules? I am sure the modules are ok, since I have purchased them brand new.

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

April 24th, 2023 15:00

Try one at a time to see if the system will boot. It may also be that the RAM is not compatible. Crucial RAM is the most compatible and it is listed on this page.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

April 24th, 2023 15:00

The RAM you bought is Kingston Fury, performance RAM. Its default latency is 20, which can be reduced to 17 in an XMP profile. That is too aggressive for your Dell latitude, which would use RAM with latency of 22.

You can see RAM from Crucial guaranteed compatible with your laptop. Crucial is highly compatible with Dell laptops, and if it doesn't work you may return it.

Whenever touching components or working inside a computer, wear a grounded wrist strap, also called anti-static wrist strap, ESD wrist strap, or ground bracelet. It's a cheap and sensible precaution. Rest the laptop on an anti-static mat or at least a reasonable alternative such as corrugated cardboard.

3 Posts

April 25th, 2023 06:00

I do not see any 32GB modules in their list

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

April 25th, 2023 07:00

You can buy an individual 32 GB module here. But, if you want 64 GB, you should buy a matched pair of two x 32 GB modules here.

3 Posts

May 8th, 2023 01:00

There is no solution for this problem, Kingston KF432S20IB/32 modules are not supported by this laptop.

No Events found!