Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 9th, 2018 07:00

Dell Latitude E5470 touchpad lags/freezes/pauses/issues

Hello,
I have a notebook Dell Latitude E5470 which has a problem with touchpad correctly working. I have Windows 10 installed with the latest drivers from Dell site to this notebook. I have a problem with touchpad, mouse is self moving, sometimes pausing, not responding etc. I saw high CPU usage of Alps pointing-device driver after Windows starts up. It's very annoying cause drag and drop is almost not possible to do... I've tried to reinstall Windows and drivers also thare is no problem on Ubuntu.
Please help!

5 Posts

July 11th, 2018 05:00

Turning off gestures solved problem

9.4K Posts

July 10th, 2018 04:00

Hi Szeejdi,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Here is information from the Dell Knowledge base you may find helpful:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Touchpad Usage and Troubleshooting Guide

and a short video:

How to Fix Touchpad Problems on a Laptop

You can also run Dell SupportAssist to detect any hardware issues.  Make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.  Thanks.

5 Posts

July 11th, 2018 01:00

I did BIOS update and diagnosis via SupportAssist and after pressing F12 and running Diagnostics there, both returned that there's no problem with my notebook, also i've tried what is described in link that you provided, but touchpad coursor is not smooth when moving still.

2 Posts

March 15th, 2019 14:00

I have been searching for a solution in ages, and today I finally found a solution.

In my case, a Dell Latitude E5470, turning off gestures didn't help, but

1. Installing the latest driver as of today,
  2. disabling the touchpad in BIOS,
  3. booting into Windows,
  4. enabling the touchpad in BIOS, and
  5. booting into Windows again

fixed the issue.

1 Message

September 17th, 2019 05:00

No need to turn off the gestures. The issue will be resolved by installing 'Intel HID Event Filter' drivers. Refer to your computer support page on Dell website and download and install the driver.

Unfortunately, the driver does not get installed by Windows Updates; therefore, manual installation is necessary.

This applies to all Dell laptops.

1 Message

July 13th, 2020 21:00

"Touchpad on specific Latitude laptops is erratic or freezing when AC adapter or LAN cable is connected"

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

I'm getting this problem on my E5570 even though the article doesn't mention my model. Tested in the BIOS as well - so it's not a software issue.

1 Message

September 12th, 2020 07:00

For me, the magic was to swap in a real Dell charger.  Problem only occurred for me when using an aftermarket charger.

4 Posts

September 13th, 2020 08:00

After trying different things, the solution for me was to go to programs/DellTPad and copy shortcuts from the two exe files "hidfind" and "HidMonitorSvc" into the Windows startup folder. I think there is a Problem with win 10 and maybe this two apllications weren't executed at win startup. now they are and i dont get any lags or freezes anymore

12 Posts

November 16th, 2020 18:00

Tried everything and the only thing that worked was using a genuine Dell AC Adapter.  Plugged in the incompatible one it froze, plugged in the genuine one and it worked!

1 Message

November 19th, 2021 08:00

This worked a charm! nothing else did. Thank you for sharing.

September 11th, 2023 17:34

Bonjour,

Même problème. Pointeur de souris incontrôlable par moments.

J'ai tout essayé : pilote, mis à jour sur le site DELL, désactivation dans Alpsalpine, désactivation du périphérique touchpad (qui se réactive tout seul).

La seule chose qui a fonctionné, c'est de désactiver le touchpad dans le Bios. Je n'ai plus de touchpad mais avec une souris, ça marche.

No Events found!