Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 10th, 2019 13:00

Dell Latitude E7450 CPU fan not working

Hello everyone:

i have a problem with my Latitude E7450 CPU fan, it seems to be working fine, up until one day i spilled some coffee on the keyboard, then i had to disassemble it then i cleaned the keyboard, and have reassembled it.

from that point the CPU fan no longer works when i am using the operating system at all......

i have checked some solution in the internet they suggested to apply the latest BIOS update which i did, but unfortunately the problem persists.

what bothers me the most that the fan works fine when i launch the Dell diagnostics, but it stops working when i load my windows 8.1.

my CPU temperature according to CPUID HWMonitor is : 59° for the package, and 59° for Core 0 and 58° for core 1

i would really appreciate it if someone would guide me to solve this problem.....

thanks in advance

CPU.jpg

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

November 11th, 2019 04:00

@norman.fusata 

Yes the fan should turn on when it hits a predefined temperature.

It should spin-up at that temp and then spin down when it goes below that temp.

That is a sign of a normally working fan.

And again your temps are very good, better than most!!!

Regards,

U2

Hi norman.fusata,

Update the BIOS and Chipset drivers from the given link https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/latitude-e7450-ultrabook/drivers

If this doesnt help PM us the service tag details we will check the warranty to assist you further.

How to check service tag details https://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/04/category/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/locate-service-tag.

thanks for your replay:

before the spill it was around 50, 55 the most, it rarely goes beyond that...

do you think that it only starts spinning when it hits a point when its considered Hot for the CPU? it really got me confused.....

thanks again.....

thanks for taking time to replay to my issue:

about installing the latest BIOS update it's already done, but i will give it a try for the CHiPSET drivers.

About the warranty, it's already been voided, since my laptop is used and not new...

best regards

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

Welcome to the Dell Community  @norman.fusata 

58° and  59° is pretty good???

What was it before the spill???

Best regards,

U2

November 11th, 2019 08:00

Thanks for the replay:

it really concerns me, because before it was spinning from time to time, now its not spinning for almost 5 days now, but it does when i run Dell diagnostics, maybe because of the cold weather? i am not sure, i will try loading a stressful program for the CPU and see what happens

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

Your very welcome @norman.fusata 

Best regards and post again if you have any further questions.

U2

thanks again man

following my little brothers suggestions, i installed a game called Mincraft, according to him its very stressful for the CPU, and after installing it and loading it for 2 minutes and Voilà, the fan is super spinning.....

thank you for guiding me to finding the answer.... i really appreciate it.

best regards......

No Events found!