Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

3 Posts

August 11th, 2020 15:00

Dell dock USB lockups with latest drivers on Precision 7510

Within the last month my Precision 7510 with multiple monitors has been locking up frequently when connected to Dell docks including an E-Port plus and a TB16. The mouse/keyboard would just stop working and require a reboot. In addition the dock Ethernet and external drives would also stop working or disconnect at the same time. I tried multiple E-port docks, my one TB16, keyboard/mouse combinations etc. I can safely restart the system by opening the lid and using the internal keyboard/touchpad which keeps working. The system will come back after a restart but the lockups persist.

I finally downgraded the bios and dock/usb drivers ASMedia USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver, Realtek USB Dock Audio Driver and the Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver. Now no more lockups.

The eXtensible and Audio drivers were published in mid July, right around the time I started having the issues.

5 Posts

December 11th, 2020 02:00

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem. It is the USB Controller (yellow excl. mark in Device Man.) thus not only problems with Docks, but also with Devices connected to the notebook directly.

The device is still in warranty, but Dell Support does not answer my requests anymore.  

Which BIOS version did you use?

No Events found!