Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:25

• 

17K Posts

February 20th, 2018 05:00

wootenjamesm,

Unfortunately, I have not heard of any new cases coming out from Dell.

2 Posts

February 20th, 2018 06:00

Hi 

I have also been struggling with this issue for a while unfortunately.

It is rather curious why a product which has been promoted as much as this one is yet to receive the level of OEM (or even third-party) support for accessories which other models within Dell's Latitude portfolio have.

I will continue my search and provide an update within this thread if i come across anything.

Hopefully Dell's marketing department takes note of this issue and expedites something in conjunction with their manufacturing team, which ought not to be overly complicated.

1 Message

February 20th, 2018 19:00

Thank you for responding everyone!!!  I have contacted Dell and they trying to find one as well. I am really baffled as to why no one makes a folio case for this model.  If I cannot find one, I may have to trade this one in and get a Lenovo or HP product

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

February 22nd, 2018 15:00

I'm with you no idea why there hasn't been a folio made to this point. I bought a 7285 to upgrade my 7275 since I like the form factor a bit better and it's a bit lighter. The 7275 has a nice Dell branded folio for it, it would be nice if Dell makes a similar one available soon. Not even one 3rd party cover either. For now I'm just using a generic zip case but would like a folio that can prop the device up and add protection. C'mon Dell, let's go with this already!

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

March 1st, 2018 14:00

Why is there no folio like there is for the 7275? The 7285 is a great tablet but with nothing available to protect it, I can't really use it as often as I'd like. One like the Dell folio available for the 7275 would be perfect.

March 29th, 2018 08:00

Have you had any luck finding one?

2 Posts

April 10th, 2018 23:00

Hi All
Seemingly this issue remains unresolved.

I have made direct enquiries with a number of computer accessory manufacturers and, although I have had some positive responses, the costs involved mean that I may as well purchase a new tablet/laptop.

The reasons why Dell or a third-party accessory manufacturer has not picked up on this remains a mystery.

Someone in Marketing/Product Support has missed an opportunity here. As mentioned in an earlier post, quite why a product like this is released without the level of support given to similar products does not make sense.

Hopefully someone in a position to remedy this situation actually takes note of this issue.

Dell's commitment to its generally brand-loyal customer base could be questioned here.

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

April 11th, 2018 14:00

Yeah I don't understand why there are a few options for the Dell 5285 which is thicker and not as appealing as the 7285. I think they came out relatively the same time. I would think there is more of a market for the 7285 with it's performance, look and feel. Anything would fine at this point but not even 1 solution. The 7275 had a few choices within months of release, why not this one?

3 Posts

June 17th, 2018 08:00

It's now June 2018 and there's still no folio keyboard for the 7285. I just contacted Dell about this and they still don't know when (if?) there will be a folio keyboard for this otherwise pretty awesome tablet. This is truly strange.

No Events found!