Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

2 Posts

April 29th, 2021 04:00

Latitude 5420, USB Type-C dock, secondary display not working

I have found a problem with the new Dell Display adaptor driver for the Five Guys Dell Latitude 5420's. It does not work with the Dell USBC docking station. The second display will not initialise properly and the display flashes on and off. There is a continuous connecting and disconnecting windows sound as if the system is constantly trying to initialise the display. The driver is a new driver released on the 20th April 2021. To fix the problem you need to revert to the old December 2020 driver. This works fine, you will need to keep an eye out for this as users can accidentally install the driver if the use the Dell Command Update Application for windows 10.

• 

25.7K Posts

April 29th, 2021 22:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

• 

25.7K Posts

April 30th, 2021 02:00

Hi,

We are glad you got the issue resolved.

I've replied to you on private message as well.

Regards

Kughalu 

April 30th, 2021 02:00

The problem is now resolved as I reverted back to the December 2020 driver.

• 

25.7K Posts

April 30th, 2021 07:00

Hi ,

I'm Deepak, one of the Managers at Dell Social Media support. This is with regard to your recent interaction with my team.

I am checking to see if the issue you reported has been resolved to your satisfaction ?

Regards,

Deepak K

Team Manager

Dell Social Media Team

2 Posts

January 6th, 2022 17:00

I have the same problem could you please help me with where to find the driver. Thank you in advance. 

2 Posts

January 6th, 2022 17:00

I have the same issue with the USB-C. When I plug in the power the port works. But the secondary display is not working through the port. I have been using this port for a secondary display before, it suddenly stopped working. I checked that the problem is not with the monitor, the cable, and the adapter. The problem should be with the port. 

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

November 14th, 2022 03:00

Hi @TKane00000065 , what type of driver had you installed for fixing this problem? Is it the driver for thunderbolt?

Thank you,
Joseph

No Events found!