Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

May 20th, 2018 05:00

Latitude XT3 Pen&Touch screen stops working in Win10 1803

I've got a Latitude XT3 that was running Win10 (64bit) 1709 perfectly. But since I upgraded to 1803 pen and touchscreen both not working. Both work as soon as Windows is started up but stop working within a minute or so.

In device manager, both "N-trig DuoSense MultiTouch HID" and "N-trig DuoSense Pen HID" is coming up with "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems(Code 43).

I've removed the drivers and reinstalled with no change. Unfortunately, I'm unable to roll back to 1709 as its over 10 days since I went to 1803. I've also reset the PC with no change.

Event viewer shows following System Errors:

20180520_202710.jpg20180520_202817.jpg

Any idea how this can be fixed?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 20th, 2018 15:00

We cannot see the graphics but Event Viewer has error messages that don't affect performance on many computers with 1803 version. See if any of these fixes work-http://www.dell.com/support/search/us/en/04#q=hid%20compliant%20touch%20screen%20driver&sort=relevancy&f:langFacet=[en]

1 Message

May 30th, 2018 11:00

I have same issue in my XT3, do you found solution?

-----

Found solution: instal linux ubuntu - everythig works fine. Much better experience with Ubuntu. Thanks MS for 1803 update - it brings me to Linux :)

1 Message

July 3rd, 2018 05:00

so my post doesn't get through... that backs up what was written in it. Faulty faulty faulty... that's all what dell and microsoft's software is all about.... oh and hardware, too, actually. they don't fix this in the very near future. i'm dumping for good this time.

July 8th, 2018 12:00

I had the same problem. The way I fixed it was going to the start menu folder Windows System - Control Panel - Device Manager and updating the two drivers manually from "N-trig DuoSense MultiTouch HID" and "N-trig DuoSense Pen HID" to "HID-compliant touch screen" and "HID-compliant pen" under the label "let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer". I hope this helps. Good luck!

1 Message

July 18th, 2018 14:00

Daaamn, thank you @original.name ! You saved me few days of cursing! This works.

1 Message

July 24th, 2018 09:00

I was unabled to solve this same issue. I have updated all the drivers after resetting the PC, and updated those two drivers (N-trig DuoSense Multitouch HID device and Pen HID device) but they always stop working after a while.

I tried uninstalled those two devices and click on Scan for hardware changes right after doing so, which brings them as "working properly" and the pen works for a few times and stops working. Rebooting helps with touchscreen for the first little while, but it also stops working always.

The tablet button for utility setting (the third one from the left on the screen by the power button) does not work while other two buttons work.

I am really hoping to find the solution for this issues.

Thanks.

1 Message

August 9th, 2018 19:00

I experienced same issue with the touch screen. The solution is to update the bios to latest version. It solved the issue. I'm using win10 1803.

64 Posts

August 15th, 2018 13:00

i updated to the latest bios version but even with all the workarounds in this thread touch, pen and tablet buttons do not work or do not work properly, the functions are pretty useless this way and there are no options to configure the pen buttons and behaviour properly as well.

1 Message

September 22nd, 2018 09:00

Hi,

I have a same problem, W10 1803 and HID multitouch error .. anyone have an other idea ? 

2 Posts

December 3rd, 2018 13:00

This worked great for me.... Thanks Brother!!!! Also, I did update to the latest BIOS (14)

1 Message

February 3rd, 2019 16:00

DEVICE MANAGER:

N-trig DuoSense(R) Digitizers

Disabling:  N-trig DuoSense MultiTouch HID device

Results:  screen touch is available with fingers (one finger), also for context menu. Of course, multitouch not.

1 Message

February 7th, 2019 13:00

So after using the methods above previously fixed my pen problems. And just now the pen has stopped working. The batteries have been replaced. the HID-compliant pen driver status says its working properly. I have no problems with my touch screen so i'm clueless on what to do.

12 Posts

April 27th, 2019 11:00

I installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 on my XT3 just to get multitouch function.  Sadly 1703 ENT only has support from Microsoft through October this year and it's also extra work to hide the "feature updates" which would otherwise update to 1809 which breaks multitouch.  If anybody ever gets multitouch to work beyond 1703 I'd love to know the steps to make it work.  Cheers.

July 26th, 2019 09:00

i've got the multi touch just by untistaling the every single duo trig driver from device manager then search for changes and everything will go back again uninstall the multitouch and pen one time and and you searched for changes and it came back just do a roll back to last version of driver it will kinda give you a multitouch but it malfunction as **bleep** its like randomizing the touch through the screen

July 26th, 2019 10:00

Hello sir i've been complaining with this so long now i have the latest version 1903 i reached single touch by just unistalling the duo- trig multitouch driver and pen driver also. its important to do it few times or unistall then search for changes and make sure it moved from duo-trig digitalizer categorie to human devices list (use roll back function after deleting it) also make sure windows will not auto update the drivers i just got the multitouch back kinda by accident but this way i got it back but it malfunction a lot by plugout the charger it got better.  

No Events found!