Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

2 Posts

July 6th, 2018 05:00

Spacebar not working

I have a dell latitude e6410 and initially the keys 'n', 'b', spacebar and arrow keys weren't working. I have now replaced my keyboard and all other keys are working except the spacebar I now feel like it could be more than a hardware issue.

Any help on how to fix this?

• 

16.7K Posts

July 6th, 2018 05:00

LombeMervyn,

What OS is installed?

So when you find your spacebar not function, the first quick fix you can try is to check the Sticky Keys. Press Windows key + I key together to open Settings Window. Then scroll down to find and click Ease of Access.  Spacebar not working error is probably due to its driver issues.

July 6th, 2018 06:00

The OS installed is windows 10 and sticky keys and all others settings related to the keyboard are off..

1 Message

July 23rd, 2019 02:00

hi,

Did you you fixed keyboard issue? I have exact the same case with my E7470.

thx!
Tomek

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

July 23rd, 2019 02:00

Check Sticky Keys feature

Sticky Keys feature enables you press one key at a time for keyboard shortcuts. As a lot users reported, disable Sticky Keys feature help them save their spacebar back to life. So when you find your spacebar not function, the first quick fix you can try is to check the Sticky Keys.

1) Press Windows key + I key together to open Settings Window.
Then scroll down to find and click Ease of Access.

Click Keyboard on the left pane. Then check the icon of Sticky Keys. If it’s on, set it to be off.

If after making sure the Sticky Keys feature is disabled, you still cannot use your spacebar, try other methods below. Spacebar not working error is probably due to its driver issues

Reinstallation of a previous version of the keyboard driver

Step 1: Press the Windows key and the alphabet ‘X’ together for opening the menu of Quick Access. After that, click on the option Device Manager for opening it.

devicemanager

Step 2: You will see Keyboards option on the pop-up Device Manager window and you should expand it by clicking on it. You should choose Properties by using the right-click button on the Keyboard option. Jarvee VPS

keyboard

Step 3: After choosing the option Driver on the top array of options, click on the option Roll Back Driver.

rollbackdriver

A fresh installation of keyboard driver

Step 1: At first, you should open Device Manager window by following step 1 and step 2 of Procedure 2 and make the location of keyboard driver.

Step 2: With the help of right-click on Keyboard driver, you will choose Uninstalldevice.

Step 3: For the reinstallation of keyboard driver, you will have to reboot Windows.

Regards,

Adrian

1 Message

January 28th, 2020 06:00

Any one found the solution for this problem?

I have exactly the same issue,on screen keyboard working, I re installed the keyboard driver, but nothing worked.

2 Posts

July 31st, 2020 17:00

I have same problem, Inspiron 5482.

After laptop sleep or hibernate, keys: space bar, 'b', 'n', left arrow, down arrow don't working for a while.

Is it a software problem?

1 Message

May 8th, 2021 10:00

Did  you find a fix?? This is happening to me.

2 Posts

May 18th, 2021 07:00

No fix yet.

1 Message

July 28th, 2021 02:00

StillNotWorking

IHateThisKeyboard

1 Message

March 16th, 2022 19:00

I am experiencing this same problem with my G15 5515. Same keys too, so probably the same cause.

Only I find that with the spacebar specifically, if I keep holding it for a while, it eventually works for a few moments.

December 18th, 2022 10:00

IhavethissameprolemwithaIspiro157000.Whyisthisotfixedaftermoretha2years

3 Posts

February 15th, 2024 21:32

I have the same problem. Did everything and nothing helps

3 Posts

February 15th, 2024 22:01

@AdrianG001​  did that and three drivers reinstalled and nothing changed. Same issues

No Events found!