Start a Conversation

Unsolved

U

3 Posts

September 16th, 2019 20:00

Unable to install Windows 10 on Dell Precision M6600 laptop USB AND DVD

Hey guys first post here! (Posting in this sub as there doesnt seem to be a Dell Precision sub, therefore latitude is the most suitable) I am ripping my hair off, I've been trying for the last week with no success to install windows 10 on this laptop and I am just ready to throw it out the window. It always gets stuck at the windows blue logo, circles will spin a half circle then freeze. - I have tried installing through USB and DVD. Same thing - Tried to boot a SSD loaded with a base windows install (generic drivers) but it also freezes at the spinning circles. - I have flashed the BIOS to the most recent version by creating a bootable DOS with the bios file in it, flashed successfully but problem persists. - Tried resetting BIOS settings to default no luck - I've tried using legacy boot and UEFI (no secure boot option on this bios) but same issue - I was successful in booting linux by USB when using UEFI (gave me error msg when using legacy boot) - I have tried creating a new rufus USB windows 10 install using MBR but also same issue - As a last resort I have tried installing windows 7 and same fricking issue???? Stalls at windows loading screen. The windows 10 usb / dvd / ssd all work fine on and have been used to install more than a dozen laptops Any experienced person can try and help me out? It would be super appreciated!!! Thank you

September 20th, 2019 06:00

bump for desperate help

1 Message

October 2nd, 2019 06:00

Just ran into same issue.  trying to upgrade from win7. I tried multiple win 10 OS installs, and mine allows it to post, i select boot from usb, after that selection, it freezes.  retried my win 7 and same thing

December 21st, 2020 08:00

Start with fresh install of Windows 7.  Then use Microsoft's media creation tool online.  It will update your system from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

No Events found!