Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 9th, 2021 00:00

Unable to update WD15 firmware

I cannot update docking station firmware to 1.0.9 as the installer says "Error: Only one Dock must be attached before the Dock Firnware can be updated". When booting laptop, it doesn't complain of multiple docking stations. Obviously there is only one docking station connected.

Laptop has latest BIOS 1.8.2.

Any tips?

4 Posts

October 9th, 2021 05:00

I downloaded the wrong utility version.
The correct one works as expected.
Excuse me.

• 

25.2K Posts

September 9th, 2021 01:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

Hi, on another machine, I was able to run the WD15 firmware update, but it says everything is up to date although this is recent FW update - apparently it is just repackaged old FW.

Not sure what you mean by repackaged. The prior 1.0.8 was released 4 months ago. If the 1.0.9 installation from the other machine stated that 1.0.9 was already installed, perhaps it actually installed when you did past Windows updates. You could search the driver update logs.

Post Firmware Installation
1. Power cycle the docking station after the firmware update is completed on Dell TB16, TB18, and WD15 docking stations.
2. Remove the docking station cable from the system.
3. Unplug the AC power adapter from the docking station.
4. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to drain any remaining power.
5. Plug in the AC power adapter to the docking station before connecting the system.

4 Posts

I have the same problem ... also fallowing suggested steps.
Dock WD15
Precision 7550
PC BIOS 1.9.1

4 Posts

Sorry ... the Dock is WD19DC

4 Posts

Attaching only one USB C type cable the utilty starts, but is not able to run: "Failed to power up the dock" 

MarcOne_0-1633781531304.png

No Events found!