Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

R

4 Posts

February 21st, 2019 09:00

Windows 10 Microsoft Store Popup DCU.Centennial

I have a new Windows 10 machine at work.
The machine is a brand new Dell Latitude 7490 with Windows 10 installed.
About twice a day I get a popup asking me to go to the Microsoft Store and find the application that will open the file “DCU.Centennial”.

The pop-up says “You will need a new app to open this DCU.Centennial” and suggest going to the Microsoft Store to find the app.

Unfortunately, I cannot get a screenshot of the popup because as soon as I click anywhere on the desktop, the pop-up goes away.

Would this have anything to do with the Dell Command Update process?

The tech team at work says they have seen this on other machines.
Does anyone know what this is and why it is happening and what should be done about it?

1 Message

February 22nd, 2019 07:00

Just started getting this today as well, any update?

Confirmed Dell Machines include Latitude 7480 and Latitude 5490 running Win10 Enterprise

1 Message

February 22nd, 2019 12:00

I get the same popups daily. Subscribing to this post. 

Machine model: Dell 7510

1 Message

February 26th, 2019 09:00

I'm get the same popups daily. Subscribing to this post. 

March 7th, 2019 07:00

Someone suggested that I install the latest update of the Dell Command Update driver from this link

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=y2kwd

I downloaded and installed the update yesterday and so far I have not seen any popups. That's no guarantee that the problem is fixed because I didn't see the popups on any frequency, but it's a good start.

I will keep you posted.

March 8th, 2019 10:00

SAD NEWS, the popup happened again today despite installing the update.

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Does anyone know why this is happening, what process is trying to run, what these files "centennial.dcu" are about.

1 Message

March 20th, 2019 03:00

Hi,

I got this message on computers that I manage.

It appears cause with the last version of Windows 10 (1809), you selected on the board "desinstall this program" on the "DELL Command" icon.

To solve this, go to the control pannel (not the new parameter pannel -this stupid pannel designed for dummies-, the old one from windows 7, / program and features.
Find the program called "DELL Command | Update for Windows 10" and desinstall it.
Then, reboot your computer.

After All, if you want to keep this application, you can reinstall it by downloading it from Dell Support portal.

1 Rookie

• 

358 Posts

August 21st, 2019 06:00

Hi I found this in a search I know its an old thread but Dell Command Update 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 both do this, also they do not launch if the program is installed and then the system is sysprepped (so you cannot image machines with it installed).  For some reason sysprep removes the start menu entry for it, though somewhere in the system there is still a service running, though no where to go into it and actually execute the program and do updates.

I found that out of the box remove the Dell Command Update for Windows 10 program and then install the last known good working version, which is Dell Command Update version 2.4.0.  In the download site it usually states Dell Command Update with Command Line Support and in the description it works with all Operating systems since Windows 7 (not just Windows 10 like the 3.0 series).

To me dell made quite a doozy with this app and though you think the latest is the best, its certainly not.  Dell **bleep** up and it shows because months later there still isn't a fix for this.  Stay on version 2.4.0 because it works, and never look back!

1 Message

September 23rd, 2019 05:00

i did this and was gone but after few weeks the pop up appeared again

1 Message

November 26th, 2019 03:00

Alas, this update would not allow me to install it after it located an incompatible version that needs to be uninstalled.  But, of course, no information regarding "what" that version might be, where it was located on the system, nor how to uninstall it.

Although I have a JPG file of the popup that I captured, this message board makes it nearly impossible to add a photo to this post.

1 Message

December 6th, 2019 08:00

my pop up says: dcu.centennial//toasthandler/Create/NewUpdatesToDownload

Element not found

Any help on this would be great!

Running a brand new Optiplex 3070.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

December 14th, 2019 11:00

I'm getting the same message all of a sudden..

7 Posts

December 16th, 2019 06:00

I am getting it too.     No solution?

• 

25.1K Posts

December 16th, 2019 08:00

Hi PeterVan, 

We are happy to look at this for you. Kindly PM us the system service tag if you need assistance.

1 Message

December 21st, 2019 03:00

Dell:  Please post solution here when you determine fix.  Many of us have the same problem all of a sudden.

1 Message

December 22nd, 2019 10:00

is has started on mine is there a fix yet?

No Events found!