Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

S

17 Posts

July 25th, 2022 07:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

Windows 11 & issues with network connection on a dock

Checking to see if anyone else has seen this problem.  Latitude 5520 on a docking station, running Windows 11.  The network connection keeps flaking out.  I'll have the ethernet connection symbol, then it will go to Wi-Fi then it goes to the World (disconnected) symbol. 

Here's the thing, my network connection is still working.  I can still chat on Teams, still get to websites, still receive email.  But it blips in and out while I have the world symbol.

I've rebuilt my machine, I've updated firmware on everything including the dock.  I'm on a different computer entirely with a fresh build, even tried a different docking station and it still happens.

At this point, I don't know if it's a Windows 11 bug or a Dell driver issue, but it's beyond annoying.

For now, I've unplugged the ethernet port of the dock so I can keep going without interruption, but would love to get this fixed permanently.  

Anyone else see this?

November 10th, 2022 05:00

I have Dell 5540, 5560, 5570 with docks WD19, WD22TB4, and WD19S.  They all have the same problem.  I have reverted 2 workstations back to windows 10 and that seemed to fix it.  Or unplug the ethernet cable.  It is very annoying because for some users, going back to windows 10 is too intrusive.  

7 Posts

November 10th, 2022 06:00

So, I take that as a no on the newer driver helping. I am working with a Dell rep that insists the newer driver fixes it for the Docs. So far our three test machines once the new driver was applied have seen little to no drops in the last week or two.  

We are reluctant to move clients back to using dock ethernet until we know its fixed. We may try a few at a time to see what people report.

17 Posts

November 10th, 2022 06:00

Oh, I know. I've stopped putting Windows 11 on machines because of it and if someone is having problems, their choice is to let me put the machine back to 10 or live with it. Dell needs to get this fixed.

November 10th, 2022 07:00

Does changing the adapter setting for Priority & vlan help when vlan is disabled or enabled?  Also, you still disabling the power management, energy efficient, magic pack WOL?

November 10th, 2022 07:00

I am getting the same results.  It helps  a little but the clients still have drops.  They would rather be on wi-fi until they do not have any issues.

17 Posts

November 10th, 2022 10:00

I've messed with many of those settings over time and it had no effect on the situation. If you read the thread, some others tried some things that seemed to work for a bit, but not overall.  My only fix so far is not to use the ethernet jack on the dock.

November 11th, 2022 03:00

Dear Community,

before throwing Windows 11 out of the window please make sure you have installed a driver version 10.x for the Realtek NIC in order to get the LAN jack of the docking solution up and running. As long as the newest 11.x driver does not function properly I found the 10.x version of the driver running smoothly. Please also refer to my posts from 2022-10-26 and 2022-10-27.

Cheers!

November 11th, 2022 04:00

Unfortunately, the 10.x driver did not work for me.

November 12th, 2022 09:00

I experienced this and other odd behavior with slightly different Latitude models. I found those models to be difficult that were originally shipped with Windows 10 and upgraded to Windows 11. Although my statistical basis contains only one (1) device I didn't come across this misbehavior when creating a fresh installation with Windows 11.

Maybe you try installing one exemplary device with Windows 11 while keeping an eye on the driver version and see whether that makes a difference or not!? Additionally make sure that all other software components have been updated via Dell Command Update.

Best regards!

1 Message

December 15th, 2022 02:00

When my Realtek USB from DELL Dock work, i open powershell in admin mode and use that:

dism /online /get-drivers /format:table | findstr Realtek | findstr /c:"| Net" | ForEach-Object { ([string]$_).Split("|")[0] } | ForEach-Object { echo "pnputil -d $_" } | cmd

After all drivers Network Realtek pnp drivers are remove from windows only used one are alive!

(edited)

January 25th, 2023 07:00

Hello all.. I think I've found the solution and here it is:

In the Realtek card setting you have to disable ALL of the following parameters:

-    Adaptive Link Speed -> Disable
-    Battery Mode Link Speed -> Non rallentamento
-    Flow Control -> Disable (This seems to be the principal problem!) <<--------
-    Energy efficient Ethernet -> Disable
-    Idle Power Saving -> Disable
-    Wake on Magic Packet -> Disable
-    Recv Segment Coalescing (IPv4) -> Disable
-    Recv Segment Coalescing (IPv6) -> Disable
-    Shutdown Wake-On-Lan -> Disable
-    Wake on link change -> Disable
-    Wake on Pattern Match -> Disable
-    WOL & Shutdown velocità collegamento -> Non rallentamento

1 Message

April 13th, 2023 20:00

We have the exact same issue with some of our Dell 5520's on WIN10.  Just like most of you we also updated drivers, BIOS, etc but nothing helped.  A user from another post mentioned that they installed the latest driver from Realtek and it fixed their issue:  I will try it on Monday when I return to the office:  

Here's the link they posted: https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit...

No Events found!