Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

2 Posts

March 21st, 2019 07:00

e7440 RAID issue on startup

RAID on bootRAID on bootHi,

Can anyone tell me how to stop what is shown in the picture coming up during the startup process. I recently removed my WWAN card in an 7440 and replaced it with an mSATA SSD.

Thanks

Chris

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

March 21st, 2019 10:00

The screen you're seeing appears whenever the system's SATA Operation setting in the BIOS is set to RAID and the system detects that more than one HDD is installed, because that gives you the opportunity to set up a RAID virtual disk before installing an OS and also a status readout of your RAID virtual disk status if you have one (e.g. healthy vs. degraded).  If you never intend to set up a RAID configuration, you'd want to change the SATA Operation setting in your BIOS to AHCI, but that's normally meant to be done before installing an OS because if you change it afterward, an OS that is configured to expect a RAID interface to exist will no longer boot once you switch to AHCI mode, and vice versa.  That said, there are apparently ways to successfully change this setting on an existing Windows installation without breaking it.  I believe they involve booting into Safe Mode at some point and/or making some preparatory changes within Windows before flipping that BIOS setting, but I haven't looked into those options in detail.

March 21st, 2019 13:00

Thank you that's really helpful. I did try changing to AHCI and came across the exact problem you described as in it wouldn't boot. Will try the other steps!

26 Posts

September 8th, 2019 20:00

xfr e6420 rugged

same "problem"

cant install a new bluray drive

any fixes ?

No Events found!