Stochos
1 Nickel

RE: New Kaby Lake XPS 13: coil whine

Jump to solution

As a long time Dell fan, many thanks Justin C listening and actioning the issue.

I'm awaiting its resolution before placing my order.

0 Kudos
casalebrunet
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Same issue here with my new XPS 13, 9360...

ciprian.dell
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

by the way, for me, the most annoying noise is when my laptop is charging and I open a few tabs (5+) in Edge browser with video content/live streaming. I feel like my XPS is screaming at me.

0 Kudos
nissehamp
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with coil-whine, mine is only really noticeable when the power adapter is plugged in though, but then it's loud enough to hear when working normally on the pc Smiley Sad I have the Alienware 13r2.

0 Kudos
surfws
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Would love to buy a XPS 13 9360 but coil whine is a deal breaker for me unfortunately Smiley Sad

Hope this get solved. 

Any feedback on the XPS 13 9365 2-in-1 regarding coil whine or similar issues?

Thanks Smiley Wink

Jump to solution

@ciprian,

I apologize for your experience particularly with your first Dell.  As Justin mentions above, engineering is actively working on a it and there is a fix in sight.

thanks for your support and patience

Barton George

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same here, my XPS 13 9360 had coil whine. Returned to Dell for full refund. Will consider purchasing this laptop again if the problem fixed in the near future.

AlexRainbows
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I also await the fix

0 Kudos
mattvkm
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Also having really bad coil whine on my 3 week old 9360 xps 13. Unnacceptable levels. Not sure if I can return at this point but I am trying to find an awnser because I can't use this "top teir" laptop with this issue. Someone sitting next to me on a plane will think I am smuggling a mouse in my carry on bag. It's really loud. My GTX970 in my PC has coil whine, slightly lower pitched, loud but not as annoying as this laptop...

0 Kudos
Semmy777
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I wanted to buy 9360.

Xps is the best laptop on the market and it's very expensive in my country.

But dealing with this serious issue on new laptop for over $2k -  it's unacceptable!

Will wait for more info. I hope problem will be fixed soon.

0 Kudos