Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

September 1st, 2022 05:00

Upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04 on a DELL Latitude E6430

Hi; i have Ubuntu 20.04 and it runs smoothly on a DELL E6430. However, when I try to upgrade to 22.04 via accepting the offer in Sotware Updates, by pressing "Upgrade" , then nothing happens. Then when I do it in terminal, and do:

sudo apt-update

(nothing new to update)

sudo-apt upgrade

a small upgrade is made of 2000 kb

then to finally upgrade to 22.04 I do:

sudo apt full-upgrade

and I get the disappointing reply:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Hence, nothing is available on terminal.

• 

25.7K Posts

September 1st, 2022 05:00

Hello, I see you are looking for technical assistance. If you need our help, you can private message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

September 6th, 2022 02:00

I don't know about your specific problem but on my machine when tried to upgrade to 22.04 it wasn't working because of the dell-linux-assistant that could no be upgraded or something like that.

You could see if that is also a problem on your machine by running something like this:

sudo apt list --upgradable -a

Because that application did not work on 20.04 on my machine either I just removed it. But I saw that there is also a ask-ubuntu question about it: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1341276/no-dell-linux-assistant-program-upgrade might be worth looking into if that's indeed the cause of the problem.

2 Posts

September 7th, 2022 00:00

Hi Johannes, I ended up installing a fresh install. It worked out well, so I suppose that is the best thing for this case .

Thanks

No Events found!