kao_kz
1 Nickel

Re: XPS 13 9370 no bluetooth after suspend

New uefi didn't help. Today bluetooth dissappeared once more.

Have

1. updated qca firmware from linux-firmware git
  2. updated uefi firmware 1.6.3

Need to mention that p.1 helps a lot, bluetooth missing occurs very occassionnally, but still missing Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
marcaux
2 Bronze

I'm done with this machine. Just bought another laptop. Nearly one year, Dell, one year.

0 Kudos
jkrx
1 Nickel

I am considering to do the same. The Huawei MateBook X Pro looks like a good replacement with a decent network / bluetooth adapter (Intel 8265 Tri-Band WiFi (Oak Peak) Network Adapter).

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-MateBook-X-Pro-i7-8550U-MX150-Laptop-Review.323906.0.html

0 Kudos
spi4734
1 Copper

I got my XPS 9370 like two months ago. Have been using a bt mouse all the time bit didn't experience the disappearing bt in the beginning. I only have this issue now and I did update to BIOS 1.6.3 just very recently. I can't tell for sure but it seems to me it is related to the BIOS update.
0 Kudos
Dave85HH
1 Nickel

Unfortunately this hit me today on Ubuntu 18..04 , rebooting didn't help, Wifi and Bluetooth were gone, since they (as far as I remember) are on the same chip / wireless card they fail then.

Powering off the device and starting it up worked for me.

Anyway, power cycling should not be the solution, and at this price point something this essential should work flawlessly, I mean...yeah RJ45...but... Smiley Wink

Dell, please fix this! I had 2 replacement devices and was months without a device I bought...not again....

0 Kudos
erik_dell
1 Nickel

Brand new Dev machine (9370), latest firmware, 18.04 up to date, same issue you all are facing. BT disappears every 2 out of 3 suspends. A reboot or additional suspends fixes it.
I opened a new support ticket to check on any progress in a permanent fix.

0 Kudos
kao_kz
1 Nickel

@erik_dell

Try to update ath10k firmware (from kvalo) also. Bt and ath10 are somehow interdependent.

I have latest updates for both firmwares and it seems the issue has been resolved (4 days of healthy sleep with correct awakening). But there is still a chance that the issue will appear in future though.

amimimor
1 Copper

... that didn't help for my bluetooth issue (no bluetooth device found - ubuntu 18.10). a few reboots did fix it for now. for those that do want to update their ath10k firmware and maybe have better luck than I did:

kao_kz
1 Nickel

__gerben__
1 Copper

This has been a very anoying problem since I have the XPS13. I have found a workaround that seems to work.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/dell-sputnik/+bug/1766825/comments/26