Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 24th, 2009 14:00

Forum Bug -- Sorry, there was a problem with your last request! -- after posting

Hi,

When Dell switched to the new forums I kept getting the message:

-----------

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!
Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

-----------

At first I thought it was "growing pains" with the new site but then I happened to access it from another computer and got right through. The machine I was using was dual boot (xp and ubuntu) so I cleared my private data + cookies in Firefox and got thro' again. Then over the last couple of days I did a few posts and noticed I got the same error on the ubuntu side (I had posted from Ubuntu)  so I booted into XP and low and behold no errors and I could log in. So I rebooted into ubuntu, cleared private data and cookies and low and behold I can see the site again and post but I suspect after posting I will have to clear the private data and cookies to get back on.

Dell please look into this. A forum where after the user posts he is locked out is not too useful. I am using Firefox 3.05 on Ubuntu 8.04 on a latitude E6500 which crashes when you use remote desktop with the NVIDIA card but I already said that:emotion-1:

thanks, Simon

• 

17K Posts

January 26th, 2009 06:00

sjhook,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Thanks for letting us know. The forum admins know about the error. They are working on getting it resolved. I too get this message as well.

No Events found!