Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2009 13:00

Which Dell wireless card is installed in an Inspiron 1545 laptop?

I have just acquired a 1545 laptop with Vista and have now set it up for dual booting with Ubuntu; the wired connection works fine.  However to get the wireless to work, I need the correct file to download from the Dell ftp site for the installed card in the laptop.  How can I find out the exact Dell nomenclature for the wireless card in the laptop? - I can find out the chipset but I have no way of finding the correct file from just this...there are 6 to choose from http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=INSPIRON1545&os=WLH&osl=EN

Ta.

• 

16.7K Posts

January 8th, 2009 11:00

peterfelgate,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

You would have to PM with the service tag number so that I could look it up. Dell does not ship the 1545 with Ubuntu and will not have any Wireless Drivers for Ubuntu on this system.

January 8th, 2009 14:00

OK, thanks for that.  I will PM the service tag - I don't have access to the laptop for a few days.

So Ubuntu is not going to offered on this model after all?  Pity....it seems to run Ubuntu nicely except for the lack of wireless capability...

January 12th, 2009 04:00

I have PM'd the service tag....

No Events found!