Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2012 10:00

Dell Venue Pro Unlock Code help!!!

Hi I bought an Unlocked Dell Venue pro (or so advertized) from Amazon, contract free. I live in Peru, so my phone got shipped and came to me, when i put my local SIM card in, it asks me for my PIN , or unlock code, which i dont have, i email Dell at UnlockCodeRequest@dell.com hoping for them to give me the code, but they said that my service tag number is linked to T-Mobile, and that therefore is under contract (i bought it contract free!!) they told me that i should contact T-Mobile and that they should give me the code, so i contacted T-Mobile, and they told me (no surprise) that they cant give me the code since im not a T-Mobile customer (obviously) and that the manufacturer (Dell, who send me to them in the first place) should give me the code, that even if they unlocked it, that they would have to ask Dell for it. Ok so the two are just throwing the ball between one another, and i cant use my phone, SOME ONE HELP!! PLEASE!!

500 Posts

April 29th, 2012 14:00

Hey there. It appears it has been a while since you posted this, with no response. Have you found a solution yet?

I work for T-Mobile and handle unlock codes as part of the job. I also am a Dell Community Rockstar so I have a little experience there too, lol.

I can tell you that T-Mobile's policies and methods prohibit the release of unlock codes for non-customers. There are other policies in place, and other qualifications, as well as reasons for these restrictions. However, unless you were to start service with T-Mobile, then you will not be able to get the unlock code there.

Dell is not able to get the unlock code either, which is usually the case because if the phone shows it should be under contract, then Dell is obligated to refuse the code and sent to the carrier as the proper channel.

So, the best thing to do is to contact amazon directly. Amazon has a great customer satisfaction program, and if the phone was sold as unlocked but was locked then they will accept it back or exchange it.

2 Posts

July 26th, 2012 21:00

Here's what I did. I entered the password incorrectly until I rec'd a message stating that the phone will be reset to factory defautls if I entered the password again incorrectly. I entered the incorrect password one more time and Bingo!! my phone was reset to factory defaults. I'm able to access the phone and set it up.

1 Message

September 5th, 2012 10:00

If you bought it unlocked from Amazon like I did, you have to buy a sim card from the Cell Phone Company you want to lose.  :emotion-11:

1 Message

November 5th, 2012 16:00

I bought a dell venue pro on ebay the seller said the phone is unlocked and when I inserted my sim card is asking for code

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 5th, 2012 18:00

okikimotors,

Return the phone to the seller, that's between you and the seller. If the hpone was unlocked, it would not ask for a password unless you had a password on your last phone.

You can try UnlockCodeRequest@Dell.com and send you IMEU number but I really don't expect a good answer.

Rick

No Events found!