Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

May 29th, 2017 11:00

Dell venue 11 pro 7139 (core i5 4300Y) clock speed gets stuck at 600MHz if you unplug the charger while it is standby (requires restart).

I am currently using a Dell venue 11 pro 7139 (version with the fingerprint scanner) with the keyboard dock, and while it is working well running windows 10 pro (creators update), I have noticed one issue.

If I put the tablet into standby, and then disconnect the charger, it will get locked at 600MHz until I restart the tablet. It seems that it gets capped to 3.2 watts for the CPU package when this issue happens.

If I unplug the charger while it is not in standby (active) or shut down/ hibernating, the issue does not happen.

I keep it it connected to the battery keyboard dock pretty much all the time.

Has anyone else experienced that behavior?

9.4K Posts

June 1st, 2017 06:00

Hi Razor512,

Thanks for posting.

I've found a few articles on this issue, they suggest that the firmware and drivers be updated. You can search for the articles in the Dell Knowledge Base.

17 Posts

June 1st, 2017 09:00

I searched around and all I found there were touch panel firmware, as well as older firmware updates for the travel keyboard which my travel keyboard already had. I am also on the A23 bios and using  the latest drivers from the Dell drivers page.

9.4K Posts

June 5th, 2017 08:00

Here is some more information you may find helpful: http://dell.to/2sIQEM2

1 Message

February 2nd, 2019 02:00

I have the same problem, Core clock is stuck at 0.6ghz

No Events found!