Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 11th, 2017 10:00

Venue 7130/7139 Pro tablet; Windows 10 drivers for wireless NIC: where are they located?

So, like many others I upgraded to windows 10 for "free". Even though It was supposed to get a  Pro version of the OS (because the tablet came with win 8 pro) but I got win 10 home.  This tablet is in daily use and I cannot generally take the time to have it down, so I just lived with it.  As these things go Windows 10 has got progressivly more buggy and finally destabilized. So now I am forced to do a clean install of Windows 10. 

The DELL support site does not have an ISO for windows 10 for the 7130, which is a massive bummer.  That would just be too easy, I guess. So a painful, piecemeal installation it shall be.

I have successfully installed windows 10 from a USB stick, but the native windows 10 installation failed to recognize the wireless NIC.  I have downloaded and installed chipset drivers, video drivers etc. from the DELL website, but I have hit a major snag with respect to the wireless network card. 

Unless I am missing something, there is no way to get the drivers for "555-BBMQ" Dell wireless 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n Wifi+Bluetotth(R) 4.0 wirless NIC under windows 10.  The only file available from the support site will not install on windows 10. The setup errors out with that message (this setup will not run under windows 10), and there seems to be no other recourse.  

Obviously, I cannot get the Dell update application or Windows update to work so that I can get an 'alternate' or online means of updating the driver: it is a chicken-and-egg dilemma.  I just need a simple driver to get the tablet back online. 

Is there a windows 10 driver that I missed somewhere?

• 

17K Posts

May 12th, 2017 07:00

justanotherengineer,

You can click the link below and add your system service tag to the site. It will then present you with the drivers for your tablet. The system was offered with 4 different wireless cards

Dell 7130/7139 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

May 12th, 2017 13:00

Thanks Jesse.

The only thing that *baffles* me is why that download didn't appear any of the first 6 times I visited the support site using my Tag #.  In any event I got the download which worked for Windows 10.

For the sake of completeness it was "7130_Network_Driver_0JJ8H_WN32_3.7.2.59_A00" that worked.

This download had problems running  - it errors out with an 'unable to copy file xxxxx' error. After three failed attempts I changed tactics.  When I did the install in 2 steps, first just extracting the files, and then going back and running the setup from the extracted direcroy, it worked great.

No Events found!