Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2008 14:00

2408 WFP Color Profile

Hello All,

How can I apply the 2408WFP.ICM color profile (included in the Dell drivers of this monitor) to the whole Windows environment (in Windows Vista and XP) ?

In Vista, I configured it in the color management control panel, but then it is only applied in Adobe Photoshop and Windows Vista Photo Gallery. I cannot manage to apply it to the whole system.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

93 Posts

May 22nd, 2008 19:00

Good question, I'd also like to know if it's possible to get Windows to utilize the colour profile. The colours are highly oversaturated without the profile.

Using the supplied DELL 2408WFP colour profile or the sRGB colour profile in Photoshop fixes the colour saturation issues.

Too bad the brighter left side ruins this otherwise decent monitor. (Especially visible on uniform dark colours - No issue on pure black, as it's not backlight bleed).

19 Posts

May 22nd, 2008 21:00

Here is the software you need : 

http://www.hex2bit.com/products/product_mcw.asp

You could also use the soft installed with the Lacie or Gretag calibration software that install something on your PC that apply the profile when windows starts or when you clic on it .

144 Posts

May 23rd, 2008 06:00

Well, I tried MCW (Monitor Calibration Wizard) but unfortunately it does not use standard .icm profile but a proprietary formated file that you have to create yourself.

This is not what I need...

93 Posts

May 23rd, 2008 06:00

Thank you, I will try this calibration software.

By the way, I have installed Firefox 3 RC1 and the Color Management 0.3 Add-on by Sean Hayes. Now web-pages aren't over saturated anymore while browsing with Firefox 3. Colours are much more natural, just like in Photoshop. I'm using the .ICM installed along with the 2408WFP driver.

Now I "just" need a replacement monitor with the left side brightness fixed. 

19 Posts

May 23rd, 2008 08:00

So you could try to download the Gretag Eye One Display 2 on the Gretag website. I think you can download it for free and it contains a profile application software.
No Events found!