Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 25th, 2016 00:00

2408WFP, flashing red/green/blue suddenly

Hi there,

I have owned this monitor for many years without any issues. Suddenly out of the blue the monitor has started flashing red/green/blue etc. when it is in power saving mode. It appears this is some kind of Factory burn in mode (although I certainly never selected anything like that).

I have tried holding menu, plus and then turning the power on but that doesnt work. How can I stop it from doing this?

Note: I can still change inputs but when I press menu nothing happens.

Also note: I have noticed a vertical line appearing on the monitor that goes away once it warms up. Not sure if this is related.

Thanks for any help.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 29th, 2016 08:00

If you cannot get into the FSM (Factory Service Menu) to disable Burn-In, then all you can do is turn the monitor off when not in use.

* Press the Menu and the Plus buttons at the same time, then press the Power button

-or-

* Turn the monitor off
* Press the buttons simultaneously, Menu/Plus/Power
* Release all three buttons
* Press the Minus or Menu button to see the FSM

* Once into the FSM, press the Minus button to move down to Burn-In
* Press the Menu button
* Press the Minus button to toggle to Off
* Press the Menu button
* Press the Plus button to move up to Exit Menu
* Press the Menu button

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 31st, 2016 08:00

If you cannot get into the FSM (Factory Service Menu) to disable Burn-In, then all you can do is turn the monitor off when not in use.

2 Posts

August 31st, 2016 01:00

Unfortunately none of those options let me get into the factory service menu. Am I basically stuck with it like this or is there anything else I can try?

No Events found!