Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2012 11:00

Blank Screen - SP2208

hello, over Christmas my Dell SP2208 monitor went off, first thought problem was my graphic card, but when added another monitor everything works fine. When monitor comes on I see the usual Windows page but only for say one second then the screen goes blank, this happens with different settings and different connectors. Do you think the monitor is knackered and I need to buy a new one ? ?  If so looking at the Dell U2410 - is this a decent monitor to purchase ? thank you

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 19th, 2012 08:00

Does the SP2208 pass or fail the Self-Test Feature Check?

58 Posts

January 19th, 2012 15:00

In reply to your last question - read through this very forum.

January 19th, 2012 16:00

Chris M - my monitor does not stay lit up long enough for me to see any image, even the self test one

you sent to me.  All I get is the monitor going to Windows mode, I see my wallpaper, then it goes

completely blank.  If I turn the monitor off knowing Windows is working turn it back on I see the

image then off it goes.  For myself does look like it has completely broken down, when the failure

happened no work was being done, so now got to go buy myself a new one, a bigger Dell, 24 inch.

58 Posts

January 20th, 2012 04:00

It's either a faulty PSU, Logic board or CCFL's. This is a common fault with LCD/LED monitors/TV's - it's known as '2 seconds-to-black'. It involves testing and repair/replacement of the relevant internal board(s).

No Events found!