Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

December 22nd, 2003 01:00

Dell 1504FP problems with MULTIPLE games. Please Help!

First off, system stats:

Dell Dimension 2350
P4 1.8ghz
256MB RAM
Dell 1504FP Monitor (connected Analog)
ATI Radeon 7000 w/64MB video RAM  (PCI)
Windows XP Home Ed.

I've had problems with the monitor either going blank, locking up the system, or shutting off completely while playing SEVERAL games, including:
Call of Duty
Medal of Honor Allied Assault (with all expansions)
Neverwinter Nights
a few others not listed... (can't remember which ones, but there were more)

I know the problem is specific to the monitor because i have another dimesion 2350 but it doesnt have the flat screen 1504FP... and all of the games work without a hitch on that one, which is the EXACT same computer (vid card and all) except that it has a regular dell monitor.

I have tried everything I can think of to fix this problem, but to no avail. I got the BIOS update and disabled the onboard video card... didn't help. All drivers are up-to-date as of right now, and all Windows Updates are installed.

I run all games at 800x600 which is the same as my desktop. I tried running the games that didnt work at other resolutions, but they all did the exact same thing. I tried changing my desktop to 1024x768, no luck.

The games start up just fine, but about 5 minutes into it, they either lock up the system, or the monitor goes blank as if it is in sleep mode (power light goes from green to orange).  Anyone else having any of these problems, or does anyone know of a solution or any other tips/tricks I could try. Any help would be appreciated.

And now that i think about it, on bootup the monitor displays "Connected Analog" or something of the sort. Why is that? Is there a way to connect it digitally (or is there any other method even?)

2 Posts

December 22nd, 2003 02:00

Some additional things i just tried:

Although the primary display was set to AUTO now instead of ONBOARD in the BIOS (with the update), Windows was still detecting it and forceing me into it's Dual Desktop support stuff. I disabled the onboard video through the device manager, and now Display Properties shows what i *think* is correct, because now there is no 1 and 2, just "dell 1504fp (analog) on ati radeon 7000". I'm going to see if this helps, in the meantime any additional tips would still be apprecaited.

Also, i found a downloadable driver at:
http://support.dell.com/filelib/format.aspx?releaseid=r53462

This driver has a different (later) release date than what i'm showing on the driver supplied by windows itself. However, i checked the compatability and Dell DImension 2350 was not among the ones listed as compatible, so I chose not to install it just yet, wanted to see if its needed. It also said A00 which i figured refers to the bios revision, mine is A02.

i'd still like to know what's up with ths (analog) thing, is there a way to make it something different/better (digital perhaps) or do i need specifix equipment for that.

thanks again

No Events found!