Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

August 12th, 2016 22:00

Dell S2716DG replacement brand new?

Dell sent me a brand new replacement from Dell.com This one is faulty. I was told I would be sent another brand new replacement but only the monitor by itself this time. Which I understand since I don't need all the goodies and can reuse them from my new one Dell initially sent. I just want to make sure the information is accurate and Dell will be sending a brand new replacement monitor by itself? Its not a refurb? I was told it would not be and it would be brand new. 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 13th, 2016 15:00

The Dell worldwide policy states that any monitor exchange done outside of the first 30 days from the original Dell invoice date will be refurbished. But, the technician can ask for their managers approval to send out a new one. Perhaps that is what they did.

67 Posts

August 13th, 2016 16:00

Before getting this last one replaced brand new through Dell. I had to upload my Best Buy receipt. Which had a date for August 1st. So, I imagine I am still well with in the 30 day period of that original receipt for another brand new replacement. Because they did not ask me to upload the receipt again to them. I guess they kept it on file from the last time.  

Also. What about the next business day replacement guarantee Dell advertises with their warranty? Neither time has that happened. Is it because brand new replacements are being setup? Maybe they do the next day when a refurb. is shipped out? 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 13th, 2016 19:00

That is entirely based on supply either from the manufacturer or what is in stock at our service centers. But you are correct. They (New and Refurbished) do come from different locations.

No Events found!