Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2012 16:00

Dell SX2210 with TrueLifeHDMI WebCam - Web Cam not working "Code 43"

This Dsiplay supplied with a Dell desk top Inspiron 560 December 2010 - Web Cam did work, now doesn't - hardware checks out ok, but can't find driver software on Dell downloads and just cannot seem to find any solution. Message states- "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" Can someone beam me up a solution please it's driving me mad !

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 10th, 2012 07:00

* For future use, all of the monitor drivers are here http://dell.to/TcrQ7U
* Choose the drop down arrow by your operating system

4 Posts

August 11th, 2012 12:00

I have now discovered the real porblem here; When the Computer does into "Hibernate" due to power saving settings; Windows 7 is able to disable USB ports for power saving if it thinks they are not needed and re-enables them if they are needed again. Seems to be that sometimes this does not work and basically the devices stop working and show up as “Unknown Device” in the device manager.

The solution is to go into Power settings and change the DELL preset to "Never" swtch off Display and "Put Computer to sleep" and then go into Advanced settings and expand USB settings and change setting for "USB selective suspend setting  to "Disabled" - i.e., change from "enabled" and then press "Apply" and "OK" .

I have done this and proved it to work and the problem is now solved - nothing whatsoever to do with drivers and/or hardware per se. It's all about pre-set power saving settings by DELL !!!!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 9th, 2012 08:00

The CD that shipped with the monitor should have both the driver and webcam application on it? Do you have the SX2210 or SX2210T? What operating system?

4 Posts

August 9th, 2012 09:00

I forgot to add operating system is Windows Professional 64 bit

4 Posts

August 9th, 2012 09:00

The Monitor is the SX2210UK Dual Tone Widescreen Consumer (1920x1080) with TrueLife HDMI Webcam.  The CD that shipped with the monitor is a mystery, can't remember ever getting one. I thought DELL had ceased shipping software discs . What would say on it ? As it so happens I have got it working again today by using Restore and then re-doing updates, and when switched on this morning it all works.

No Events found!