Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2013 15:00

Dell U2913WM Blue Border in PBP Mode

I was wondering if there were any updates for this.

I have had my Dell U2913WM for a while now and after trying to use PBP mode I find it absolutely unbearable. My primary use was going to be to substitute two screens but the blue box border is distracting and detramental to the quality of the second screen. Borderless with maybe an option to turn on and off a single deprecating line in the center that takes 3 pixels per side away would have been ideal.

At the current time I think I will have a good look into the LG monitor that's using the same ea93 LG display. Should have the same quality and hopefully a far better, a useable in fact, pbp mode.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 19th, 2013 15:00

Michael.Patrick,

The response from engineering was that the PBP would have the border on all Dell monitors. Youtube shows that LG has the same thing.

1 Message

January 10th, 2014 18:00

That's unfortunate. More so because LG's engineers it looks like decided not to use a blue box (see 12:30): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1_nUee9O2r8#t=757

Or if this is not PBP, can this Dell simultaneously use two inputs as well and not have the border? I think this would be fine for me as have several outputs and even an extra low-power GPU lying around.

No Events found!