Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2015 08:00

Dell U3011 vertical color bars - broken display

So the past two weeks my monitor would flicker and flash some vertical bars while on windows desktop. After a few flashes it would go back to normal. 2 days ago it decided to not flash back to normal and keep displaying those vertical bars with only the top part of the screen displaying.

I am using a dvi cable to connect to a gtx titan. Changed sources and nothing - still the same. Removed dvi cable, power cable and powered down to reset and run diagnostics but diagnostics would not display - the bars are over everything else. I am attaching 2 photos here.

Help guys!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 8th, 2015 07:00

Run the monitor Factory Reset, Self-Test, BID (Built-in Diagnostic) per these instructions, which remove the computer and cabling from the troubleshooting
- Diagnostics passed. The culprit is either the video card, video card driver, or the cabling

- Diagnostics failed. If still inside the purchased warranty period, contact Dell and get a like for like monitor exchange
- If the replacement monitor does not have the issue, return the original monitor to Dell using the return waybill.
- If the replacement monitor has the same issue, the monitors were not the culprit in the first place. Send the replacement back and keep the original. Look to the system, video card, or video card driver as the culprit.

No Events found!