Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

December 12th, 2006 16:00

Dimension 4600C & 1907FP monitor compatibility

Recently, I purchased a 1907FP monitor and when I attach the digital (or analog) cables to my 4600C Dimension the monitor doesn't read the input from the computer.  The screen reads (1280 X 1024 optimal resolution).  What do I need to do in order for the monitor to recognize the video input?  Please respond.  Is it a matter of installing the 1907FP video driver?  Do I need to uninstall the previous video driver?  Please advise with a schedule of actions that I need to perform to fix the 1907FP Monitor and Dimension 4600C compatibility issue.

Thank you.

2K Posts

December 12th, 2006 23:00

You may have set a higher resolution previously than the 1907 can display. To change it start in Safe Mode (tap F8 as your computer boots up) or reconnect your old monitor.

setting the optimal resolution
How To Uninstall Your Current Display Drivers
Do a clean display driver uninstall using Driver Cleaner.
Install the Dell monitor driver
Ensure that the Dell monitor is selected in Device Manager > Monitors (remove other entries).

Please post the outcome of any suggestions offered - it will assist others who may have a similar problem and encourage those who spend their time trying to help.

December 21st, 2006 21:00

Thank you for the reply to my original message: (Dimension 4600C & 1907FP monitor compatibility)

1) I uninstalled the nvidia monitor driver in "Add or Remove Programs"

2) I did a clean display driver with Drive Cleaner

3) I installed the Dell monitor driver for the 1907FP monitor.  (I saved the 1907FP download to the desktop and unzipped the file)  All that I seemed to download was a certificate?

Result:

Now the display is scambled when I plug the 4600C into the original monitor and there is still no display on the 1907FP monitor. 

The only way that I can access the computer is through the S video cable attached to my TV and in Safe Mode.  (The computer is in VGA display mode)

Does VGA display mode work with the 1907FP or do I need to download another driver from nvidia?

Please respond with a description of how to fix the monitor problem?

Question:  How do I get my 4600C to display on the 1907FP monitor?

Thank you. 

2K Posts

December 21st, 2006 23:00

Are you sure you installed the correct video drivers? What driver did you install and what is your video adapter? You may need to try again.

The Dell monitor driver download when unzipped should contain a folder called 'Driver' and a readme.txt file. Follow the instructions in the readme file to complete the installation (after you have the driver issue sorted).

Connect only one monitor at a time and shutdown the PC before switching monitors.

The 1907FP works with either VGA or DVI but don't use both. The video adapter should detect which one is connected.

Please post the outcome of any suggestions offered - it will assist others who may have a similar problem and encourage those who spend their time trying to help.

December 27th, 2006 21:00

I don't think that the video drivers for the 1907FP were correctly installed. 

At the Dell Drivers and Download site, I saved the 1907FP file: R119568.zip to my desktop. 

When I unzip the file it prompts me to unzip to my desktop.  First I extracted the files to my desktop with no luck. (after reading "Read Me" file attached to the download I downloaded the file to: C:dell/drivers/)  The file R119568 does appear in the C:dell/drivers/ location but the driver doesn't seem to be installed on my compurter.  The files that are downloaded from the R119568.zip file are as follows:

1907fp      security catalog

1907fp      ICC Profile

1907fp      Setup Information

Readme    Text Document

Never was I propted to use the installaton wizard to install the 1907FP driver.

please advise?

2K Posts

December 27th, 2006 23:00

from the included readme file:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> and then double-click Display icon.
2. In the Display Properties window, click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
3. Click the Monitor tab, and then click Properties -> Driver tab -> Update Driver.
4. When the Hardware Update Wizard dialog box appears, choose “Install from a list or specific location" and then click NEXT.
5. Check the "Include this location in the search" box.
6. Type the path to the location where the driver
files were extracted (most likely C:\Dell\Drivers\R119568) or use the browse button to select the location.
7. Click Next -> Finish to complete the installation.

If that doesn't work, right click on the '1907fp Setup Information' file and select 'install'.

December 28th, 2006 15:00

The only way I can access the computer is in safe mode.  When I click on Monitor the "Properties" tab is inaccessible.  (The tab is gray).   Therefore I cannot reach the driver tab to install a new driver.  Remember, I uninstalled the NVIDIA monitor driver in add / remove programs.  (I'm not sure if that has something to do with the fact that I can't access monitor properties?)  There doesn't seem to be a monitor installed.

However, I can access the adapter properties, etc. in safe mode.

When I right click on the Setup Information and click install nothing happens.  Is there any other way that I can install the driver?

Again when I save the R119568.zip file to the desktop then extract the files the files want to automatically extract to the desktop or C:\Documents and Settings\Alex Carter\Desktop\Dell\R119568 and not C:\Dell\Drivers\R119568.  Is there a problem here?

Please advise?

January 14th, 2007 19:00

I haven't received a reply yet from Dell.  Please reply Dell!!!  How do I install the 1907FP monitor???

My previous message was:

The only way I can access the computer is in safe mode.  When I click on Monitor the "Properties" tab is inaccessible.  (The tab is gray).   Therefore I cannot reach the driver tab to install a new driver.  Remember, I uninstalled the NVIDIA monitor driver in add / remove programs.  (I'm not sure if that has something to do with the fact that I can't access monitor properties?)  There doesn't seem to be a monitor installed.

However, I can access the adapter properties, etc. in safe mode.

When I right click on the Setup Information and click install nothing happens.  Is there any other way that I can install the driver?

Again when I save the R119568.zip file to the desktop then extract the files the files want to automatically extract to the desktop or C:\Documents and Settings\Alex Carter\Desktop\Dell\R119568 and not C:\Dell\Drivers\R119568.  Is there a problem here?

Please advise?

No Events found!