Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

December 11th, 2008 11:00

E193FP, black screen

I am having trouble with my E193FP 19" 1280x1024 monitor. After pushing the monitor power on button, the image flashes for about 1 second and then goes black. I tried this connected and unconnected from the PC. The behavior is the same.

Initially, this problem manifest itself when the PC was idle for a while and went into power save mode by turning off the monitor. When the mouse was moved or the keyboard was touched, the image would display for a moment and go black. The only way to get it back was to turn off the monitor and turn it back on. It would then stay on. However, now it will not stay on.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what is the problem with my monitor and how to correct it?

TIA!

1 Message

February 25th, 2013 08:00

This monitor issue appears to be hardware related.  I had the same issue where I hooked the monitor up it flashes to the desktop for a second or two and then goes black. (green light still on)

I took the monitor apart and checked all connections.  I disconnected/reconnected all cables to the motherboard to no avail.  I believe the module will need to be replaced.  Sometimes its better to just cut your losses and scrap it unless you have the parts.

January 10th, 2009 08:00

At Fonerbooks.com there are step by step instructions "how to replace dell LCD lights" the website has photos of the

dell being taken apart and the light for the video or the controls is in the actual screen on the right hand side of the

dell.  The photos show step by step the tech removing the screen taking the whole thing apart rather extravagant

but he does it anyway and a description of each step to replace the lcd so that the screen will not go black. This is

another problem that causes the Dell screen to go black. If you can see behind it with a flashlight .  The part has to

be replaced.

January 15th, 2010 11:00

I have a problem with my E193FP, it has always worked fine, never a problem, however this morning, no power, the power light doesnt come on green or orange.

I tried a different power cable, nothing, and also tried in a dark room putting a light to it, but I guess my problem appears to be power related...would you agree?

If so, how would Igo about figuring out if it is in fact power, and if so is this cheap to repair or should i just trash it?

Thanks,

Jon

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 15th, 2010 13:00

Contact these guys.

January 15th, 2010 13:00

Chris,

Thanks for your reply, but I these guys are for parts, once I have identified the faulty part, right?

I need to identify the problem 1st, and which part needing to be replaced.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 15th, 2010 14:00

The inverter/power module. They can help you identify which one. There are two listed, E193FPC and E193FPP.

1 Message

August 16th, 2011 17:00

I am having the same exact problem with my Dell 2408WFP monitor.  Looks like it has been nearly three years since you originally posted and no answers.:emotion-1:

1 Message

October 21st, 2011 06:00

Chris - I have have the same problem as GMBAyer, except that as a dual screen user I unfortunately bought two Dell LCD Monitors, model A201 P1-T03, and they both have gone out.  I would only add that at the beginning, I could correct the problem by turning the monitors off and on a couple of times.  This then became 10 to 20 times, and now trying this 50 or more times works not at all. 

Can you please detail what the fix is, where to get the part, and instructions for repair please.   Thank you. 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 21st, 2011 08:00

BlackMonitor,

I do not recognize A201 P1-T03. Are you sure that is the Dell model? We do not have internal monitor parts. All we do is replace the whole monitor while under warranty.

1 Message

January 10th, 2012 16:00

I have a E193FPc monitor which shows both power indcators corretly, orange for stand by and green for on.

When I press the power button the green light illuminates and the display works for a second or two then goes off. The green light remains on but the display remains black.

I can turn it off either by the wall socket or the power button but on turning it back on it does the same.

I have taken the monitor apart and all looks well with no capacitors blown - this was suggested as apossible cause on another web site forum.

What may be the problem?

Thanks

Phil 

2 Posts

September 18th, 2012 13:00

I have just experienced similar thing with Dell 21" E193FPc.

However, it initially appeared several days ago when the green light turned yellow.  The screen would not turn off.

I unplugged it for several days and it turned on fine and operated normally; tested some apps and internet, played Utube video.

Then I left it to go into sleep mode.  Screen went black.  When trying to wake it is when the 1-second picture flicker started.  I would turn if off and on (green light off and on) and the picture would appear and off again in a sec.  I can repeatedly do this without any additional issues.

What's the fix?  Love the screen since.....years.

No Events found!