Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 8th, 2015 13:00

SE2416H, PWM flicker free?

I am thinking of getting this monitor. Looks like a great value for money at 195 euros. I am however afraid that it might have PWM flicker. Nowhere in the user manual pdf nor their site does Dell indicate that the monitor is in fact flicker free. I checked pages of other Dell monitors and they don't seem to say anywhere that their monitors are flicker free, despite some of them obviously being so. The P2414H I know for a fact to be such a display. Do they not think such a feature is worthy to brag about? I am generally very sensitive to PWM (pulse width modulation) flicker. Used to have an LG IPS225-BN and that monitor was pretty strainful on my eyes.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 9th, 2015 10:00

The SE2416H does use an LED PWM (pulse width modulation). See this list for Dell monitors that do not.

December 9th, 2015 12:00

Thanks for the response. I will pick up the S2415H instead.

1 Message

January 22nd, 2021 00:00

no its not flicker free at all. I have this monitor and I keep getting problems of it flashing or blinking off and on sometimes and always. I'm returning it. i'd rather prefer a dell se 2219h. Because it has faster response time, better refresh rate, and it sais its flicker free. Its 22 inch though. But specs is better than size.

No Events found!