Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2013 21:00

Monitor Dell 2410U locked

Hello anyone

A Dell Monitor 2410U is in locked mode. All press 15 sek ----> does not work. I have disconnected  all cables, reconnected, tried DVI-D and VGA - it is not changing anything. It locked with the meanest green/black cast so presently screen is useless. I did not lock it - but moved the screen from one desk to aonther - i happened in that process.

1.5K Posts

February 25th, 2013 00:00

Hi danish123,

Please let us know if OSD has been locked or you are not getting any display on the screen.

Kindly check the post below which has been answered for the same question:

http://dell.to/YS4hSy

If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

14 Posts

February 25th, 2013 01:00

The Screen is locked with a big blue icon of a lpadlock. I cant get into the settings at all, just repeatedly pres "exit" down for 15 sek or more in the hope that it will suddenly open

1.5K Posts

February 25th, 2013 02:00

Hi danish123 ,

I appreciate the time and effort that you took to troubleshoot the issue. Kindly disconnect both video and power cables from the Monitor.

Then press and hold the power button on Monitor for 10 seconds. After that only plug the power cable and switch on the Monitor.

Then check if you are able to access the Monitor settings.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

14 Posts

February 25th, 2013 04:00

Hi Sandeep

As soon as there is no connection to any PC - eg: only power is connected, there is no problem in accessing the Monitor settings. However as soon as i plug in the DVI-D to my pc, the signal comes up all greenish and ugly and the Monitor settings are instantly LOCKED. With the big padlock sign. And noway I can change any setting. pls help...

14 Posts

February 25th, 2013 06:00

besides the only monitor settings available while of source is which source to choose, that say: no option to unlock!

14 Posts

February 25th, 2013 12:00

Re: Monitor Dell 2410U locked

Replied to by DELL-Chris M

danish123,

* Switch the monitor off

* Disconnect all monitor cabling from the monitor (VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP, USB, etc.)

* Disconnect the monitor power cord from the rear of the monitor

* Press and hold in the monitor power button in for 10 seconds

* Reconnect only the monitor power cord to the rear of the monitor

* Switch the monitor on to see the Self-Test screen

* The floating Self-Test dialog box should appear onscreen against a black background. What do you see?

14 Posts

February 25th, 2013 12:00

It runs the self test. And i can se and use the menu - the menu that gives med the options to chose DVI-D,DVI-D2 etc all the sources. And again - there is NO option here to unlock. And the second i plug in the PC - it returns to the big padlock sign and it is LOCKED.

14 Posts

February 26th, 2013 01:00

Mr Sandeep?

Do you have other ideas? I have a 600$ monitor i can scrap because the manufacturer choose to put a lock system on the MonitorSettings that no one can bypass... its like having a car where the lock is so good no one including the owner can get into it. It will not be stolen, or even used. It will be putt in a corner and then the owner will be forced to go and buy another brand. Just like I will now have to buy another Monitor. Do you have any suggestions which brand to choose? Preferable not one with any LOCK systems...thank you.

14 Posts

February 26th, 2013 02:00

Dear Sandeep

Thank you for your reply and for you effort. When I press your name highlighted in blue your page comes up. But there is no next page , you must specify?I can not find any envelope Icon. There is following pages without any envelopeicon: 

So please come back. I have not solved the problem. As I told in my long story, i tried all press possibilities, in all sequences up to 2 minutes. Also the button on top of power button for 15 sek without connecting the videocable. The padlock icon stay where it is.
 I must say though that i bought the monitor summer 2010 - so its past 2 years old now. Will you still help?
Regards Jesper

1.5K Posts

February 26th, 2013 02:00

Hi danish123,

We truly regret the inconvenience that has been caused to you.

I would like to inform you that before connecting the video cable when you can access the OSD please press the exit button on top of the power button for 15 seconds which should unlock the printer menu.

If it does not then Monitor would require to be replaced so kindly contact me through a private message by clicking on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your service tag and contact information so I may access your system records.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

1.5K Posts

February 27th, 2013 03:00

Hi Jesper,

I have gone ahead and sent you a friend request kindly reply to the same along with the details.

We would need to check the Monitor details if it would be under warranty we would do the needful in this regards.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

14 Posts

March 1st, 2013 01:00

I have done as you said, but there is no reply if you get my message?

Thks jesper

1.5K Posts

March 6th, 2013 09:00

Hi danish123,

We have replied to you on a private message already. If you require any further assistance feel free to reply to us on a private message.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

14 Posts

March 6th, 2013 10:00

I did reply already- didnt you get that message. Receipt included? Regards
No Events found!