Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 1st, 2009 15:00

No service tag?

My Dell s2409w monitor has no service tag or anything, so I can't chat w/ tech support, or email, or anything. I can call, but they want your service tag when you call, so what do I do? Theres really bad motion blur on it and I'm not sure if theres something wrong or if that this monitor just has motion blur. Plus I bought it from a different store than Dell, because it was cheaper, and I don't know if it has the warranty and stuff, I'm sure it does though.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 2nd, 2009 06:00

Monitors below about 25 inches do not have a service tag. There is a serial number they use, 22 characters, starts with two letters, a hypen, some numbers, another hyphen, etc. From these lil arcane codes they figure out the model and when it was made. All monitors carry a standard three year warranty stand-alone based on that code. It would look like CN-0G134-113344-89L-996 or some such. I think that the first two letters are a country code but don't quote me on that! :)

1.5K Posts

March 2nd, 2009 06:00

Kyle2340

If you purchased the monitor by itself it will have a three year warranty. Where did you purchase the monitor?

6 Posts

March 2nd, 2009 07:00

Warranty work on a stand a lone LCD monitor, then all you need is the serial number, order number or customer number for the tech to proceed.

March 30th, 2009 20:00

Dell refuses to help me with my monitor.  I gave them the serial number and sorry can't locate that monitor in our records.  Not my original post, Dell censored it.

12.1K Posts

March 31st, 2009 04:00

Call again and if the tech support individual does not help you this time, ask to speak to a manager.  With the serial number, your phone number and name they should be able to find the customer number for that monitor.  If that does not work, perhaps one of the forum Moderators will step in to help out

Good luck

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 31st, 2009 08:00

Longhaul444,

I need the following sent to me in a Private Conversation -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Reason:

March 31st, 2009 12:00

Done all of this already, as you could read from my ealrier posts, oh thats right dell censored me and erased them.  I have spoken to TS and CS a total of 14 times in 5 days.  A supervisor told me in a foreign accent, that he couldn't locate the monitor using the S/N from the back of the monitor.

April 2nd, 2009 07:00

And here we go again.  After 5 days of fighting with Dell, they shipped a replacement monitor.  Well nobody where I live has a company named SpanTech.  This is the company that originally bought the monitor.  The Dell TS guy named Melvin split the original system up and put the monitor under my name.  I spoke to FedEx this morning about the tracking number which I had to pry from TS after jumping thru the same hoops as before, only to find out that the monitor is adressed to SpanTech.  SpanTech is in LA.  With people like I have been dealing with can't even get the name right on a refurbished part, makes me really wonder who the head monkey is over there.  And as stated in an earlier post, DELL HAS LOST A CUSTOMER!  And until they get the customer information right, I am gonna refuse all shipments.

12.1K Posts

April 2nd, 2009 11:00

You said above  "This is the company that originally bought the monitor"

What this tells me if I'm not mistaken is that you did not have the ownership transfered to you by SpanTech, which might be the reason for such a mess up.  I never buy from a third party and that includes Ebay for such items.   Always keep the docuements, and ask questions about ownership, plus transfering this by the original owner and you. 

Sorry for your troubles but perhaps you can contact the original owner and make some kind of arriagement

1 Message

April 6th, 2011 09:00

I have purchased a monitor in the last few days from Novatech, a compnay in the UK. I too have no service tag. No one on tyhe Dell phone lines is prepared to help. I can return the monitor to the retailer for a refund. It seems I have no option but to do this

2 Posts

December 21st, 2011 10:00

How rto transfer ownership without a TAG number. The website doens facilitate this !

No Events found!