This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2017 23:00

P2418HT, no Apple drivers or support

Can I get a driver for my Mac?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 10th, 2017 08:00

Unfortunately, no. As you can see on the driver page, the Apple proprietary hardware and software are not supported on the P2418HT.

1 Message

October 19th, 2017 12:00

I just bought this touchscreen monitor, so no drivers means no touchscreen for apple users?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 19th, 2017 16:00

Correct. Under Drivers Operating system it list =
Windows 10, 64-bit
Windows 10, 32-bit
Windows 8, 64-bit
Windows 8, 32-bit
Windows 7, 64-bit
Windows 7, 32-bit

The online User's Guide has zero mention of Apple but mentions Windows 19 times.

The sales site will never mention what it cannot do. We did provide a link on the sales page for Drivers and Manuals so customers could view them prior to making the purchase.

We would hope that an Apple user would first check their Forum prior to purchasing and search for our monitor.

1 Message

October 5th, 2018 12:00

Hello Chris, The Apple forum provides no answer. The 3rd party drivers suggested there get mixed reviews and their website is kind of weird. And rightfully so others suggest that the question should be answered by the producer of the monitor, who ought to know the answer. I'd like to get P2418HT's to go with the P2715Q's we got here. But if you cannot tell me whether the touchscreen will work I guess I have to look into getting iiyama's instead. Of course, OSX was not designed for touch, but I need to know whether we can at least get mouse movement. Cheers, Wouter
No Events found!