Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 12th, 2021 14:00

P2418HZm, camera and microphone not working

Hi,

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite L645 laptop with built-in camera and microphone with latest Windows 10 update. This laptop is connected to a Dell P2418HZm video conferencing monitor also with built-in camera and microphone being used as an external monitor.

The P2418HZm is working great and I have the laptop display turned off. I've been trying without success to use the P2418HZm camera and microphone rather than the laptop. The laptop is tucked away in a desk cabinet so not usable for video conference.

The P2418HZm camera and microphone do not show up as options in Zoom or Skype nor are they detected anywhere in Windows 10 Device Manager. I have downloaded and installed the drivers available on the Dell website but no change in detection. Not sure if the driver files can be moved somewhere that Windows will pick them up.

I have performed all the popular suggestions for fixing this with no success. I would be willing to bet this is a Windows issue but I'm hoping someone has some unique work arounds.

Thank you in advance.

1 Message

December 19th, 2021 11:00

I am having this same issue, all of the cables are connected as instructed and the RGB webcam driver is installed yet only the camera IR webcam is working.  I have spend 3 hours and bought the larger screen to have that webcam work.  Does anyone have a solution?

Update=Took it to the place of purchase and the issue is resolved

Community Manager

• 

54.5K Posts

December 13th, 2021 07:00

* In addition to the video cable (either DP/HDMI/VGA) connecting the P2418Hz to the PC, you must also connect the provided USB 3.0 Upstream cable from the P2418HZm USB Upstream port to a USB port on the PC
* Slide the P2418HZm Webcam cover shutter to the left to open it
* Go here and follow the instructions. The test might find "two" camera, be sure to choose the P2418HZm Webcam. If you see yourself, the P2418HZm Webcam is functioning

2 Posts

December 13th, 2021 10:00

Hi Chris M

Thank you for replying.  The monitor is connected correctly.  It did not pass any of those tests.

The issue I'm having is that Windows 10 is not detecting the monitor's built in camera and microphone.  It detects the monitor but none of the built in equipment.  I have attempted downloading/installing drivers on the Dell website for this monitor without any results.  Maybe the drivers need to be moved somewhere Windows can detect them (just guessing)?

I'm not getting any choices between monitor features and laptop features.  Only the laptop built in equipment is being detected.

Thank you for your help.

No Events found!