Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Q

6 Posts

March 27th, 2020 07:00

P2419HC, multiple questions/issues

Auto Select for USB Type-C doesn't work with MST enabled
Input source -> Auto Select" disabled if MST active. Why and how to fix?

DisplayPort Alternate Mode (Alt Mode) for USB Type-C
How to use DisplayPort Alternate Mode instead HDMI for USB Type-C connections to have MST? By default HDMI used now (if supported).

How to disable self-test options and take firmware back
How to switch off blue, green, red, white flashing if no signal?
How to switch off Debug Window which displayed on click Button1?
How to upload newer firmware because I downgraded it by mistake in process of solving my issues? Now I have M3B106 instead of M3B109.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 27th, 2020 09:00

Auto Select for USB Type-C doesn't work with MST enabled
Input source -> Auto Select disabled if MST active. Why and how to fix?
* Working as designed. The act of enabling MST removes the Auto Select
for USB-C

DisplayPort Alternate Mode (Alt Mode) for USB Type-C
How to use DisplayPort Alternate Mode instead HDMI for USB Type-C connections to have MST? By default HDMI used now (if supported).
* You lost me on that question. HDMI and MST daisy chain cannot be used. MST daisy chain can only be used with USB Type-C and DP.

* Laptop has its AC power cable connected
* Laptop lid is closed
* Laptop TB3/USB Type-C --> P2419HC USB Type-C to C cable --> P2419HC USB Type-C in port (Menu- Display- MST On)
* P2419HC DP out port --> P2419HC DP to DP cable --> second monitor DP in port

* PC DP out port --> P2419HC DP to DP cable --> P2419HC DP in port (Menu- Display- MST On)
* P2419HC DP out port --> P2419HC DP to DP cable --> second monitor DP in port (Menu- Display- MST Off)

How to switch off blue, green, red, white flashing if no signal? How to switch off Debug Window which displayed on click Button1?
* That sounds like you somehow went into the Dell internal only FSM (Factory Service Menu) and turned Burn-in on? Were you in the Dell internal only FSM?

How to disable self-test options and take firmware back? How to upload newer firmware because I downgraded it by mistake in process of solving my issues? Now I have M3B106 instead of M3B109.
* You cannot. Dell never posted M3B109. I cannot think of any way that we could have made it clearer that it was 106?

March 27th, 2020 12:00

>> DisplayPort Alternate Mode (Alt Mode) for USB Type-C

> * You lost me on that question. HDMI and MST daisy chain cannot be used. MST daisy chain can only be used with USB Type-C and DP.

Yes I know that HDMI can't use MST. I want use it with USB Type-C. But Type-C is just a port and it have both HDMI and DisplayPort implementations. My host device support both and I have full-featured cable. I don't know why but HDMI mode selected by default.

> Laptop TB3/USB Type-C --> P2419HC USB Type-C to C cable --> P2419HC USB Type-C in port (Menu- Display- MST On)
> P2419HC DP out port --> P2419HC DP to DP cable --> second monitor DP in port

Yes, but I use Samsung Note10+ instead laptop.

> How to switch off blue, green, red, white flashing if no signal? How to switch off Debug Window which displayed on click Button1?
>> That sounds like you somehow went into the Dell internal only FSM (Factory Service Menu) and turned Burn-in on? Were you in the Dell internal only FSM?

This mode was turned on after firmware upload. I didn't any additional for that.

> Dell never posted M3B109. I cannot think of any way that we could have made it clearer that it was 106

Versions changing history same as there https://www.dell.com/community/Monitors/P2419HC-downgraded-firmware-from-M3B109-to-M3B106/m-p/7506598

Sorry but screenshot of FW progress in Russian. But you can see versions

FW progressFW progress

March 27th, 2020 12:00

Debugger window which I don't want to see.

UPD. This part solved. Just "BURNIN" switched to off and display restarted. Thanks

photo_2020-03-27_15-12-54-debugger-window.jpg

No Events found!