Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 4th, 2016 19:00

P2715Q, black screen, flicker, fix? #2

My P2715Q 4K Monitor is flickering black off and on all day for a few seconds. I recently updated the driver. I have also seen it flash red lines horizontally a few times.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 5th, 2016 18:00

Here are the fixes as reported on another P2715Q thread.

It turns out my blacking out is caused by the DDM (Dell Display Manager) application changing modes because it was in "Auto Mode" and changing the mode of the screen depending on what application was in the foreground. I forced it to Manual and "Standard" and the blacking out has stopped for me.

All my flicker problems went away when I switched to my integrated GPU in my i7, running at 4k/60Hz. I tend to think my AMD drivers/card are the root cause in my case, not the monitor drivers.

I replaced the DP-mHDMI cable with a DP-DP cable, and my problem went away. The problem remained until I turned the monitor off and on. I have now shut down and restarted and all is still good.

The cable that is included in the box with the P2715Q from Dell, the DP to mDP works. The problem has been solved, it was the cable that was the issue. Had a Clicktronic High Quality 4K DisplayPort cable but apparently that wasn't good enough, bought a Premium GOLD cable from Lindy which is DP1.2 certified and the issue no longer occurs.

This Accell mDP to DP 1.2 fixed my issue.

I was having the same problems running with an XPS 13 9350 and found something that worked for me. If its flickering, go into the Display settings and change the refresh rate to 30 hz and click "apply." Then change it back to 60 Hz and click "apply." I don't know why this works (and you definitely shouldn't have to do it) but it works for me.

No Events found!