Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

July 1st, 2020 09:00

P2720DC doesn't receive image from Toshiba Satellite Pro A50-E-11E with USB-C cable provided

I would like to know if I can connect my new P2720DC monitor to my 17" Toshiba Satellite Pro A50-e-11e without purchasing a new USB-C cable, because this provided with the monitor seems not to be enough (as it does not work).

This same cable (provided with monitor) I have tested with a Dell Laptop and it works perfecty, power supply to laptop and image to the monitor.

If a powerfull cable is needed, wich one must I purchase?

Thank you very much.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

July 1st, 2020 11:00

@jmjssjd  Are you sure the USB-C port on your Toshiba laptop actually supports video output (DisplayPort Alt Mode) and system charging?  Both of those capabilities are optional on USB-C ports, and therefore not all systems with USB-C ports support those features.  If your USB-C port doesn't support video output, then your system won't be able to send an image to the display through that port.  If it doesn't support system charging, then your system won't be able to charge from the display.  If the cable works for sending video from your Dell laptop, then the cable would not be the reason your Toshiba laptop is not displaying an image.

No Events found!