Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 11th, 2017 06:00

P4317Q, DDM, no Apple support

With Apples recent decision to discontinue their stand-alone Retina display, Dell monitors are rated as best in class replacements. I purchased a P4317Q monitor to use with my 3 Macs, however without the Dell Display Manager software, switching between PIP options and inputs is very cumbersome. Please port the DDM software to OS X!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 13th, 2017 11:00

Unfortunately, Dell has no plans to pay EnTech to create an Apple version of our DDM (Dell Display Manager). You can see from the P4317Q driver page the operating system supported and tested by Dell =

P4317Q.JPG

You might check their website to see if they have any Apple supported products that do the same functionality. If not, you should ask the Apple users if they know of any Apple supported software that has the same functionality as our DDM.

1 Message

March 19th, 2018 10:00

Dell does not support anything with Mac OS operating system. It seems that Apple has to implement their drivers in their OS. I too have the P4317Q 43" Monitor, and have issues with it staring up after sleep.

Dell basically has no support for this kind of thing. It's a shame since this monitor is very nice.

P.S.

Have you found any support elsewhere for the DDM? Please let us know if you find something, or vise versa.

Thank you,

Micdim

No Events found!