Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 23rd, 2011 12:00

PC with Windows 7 64 does not detect Flash memory cards inserted in monitor anymore?

Subject pretty much says it all.  2 year old 27 inch monitor with USB and Flash/SD card slots built in.  All used to work but now only USB seems to be responsive.  In the past when I inserted an SD Flash card Windows 7 would pop open a window showing what was on the card.  Now nothing happens.  Looking for some suggestions please and thank you!

11 Posts

February 24th, 2011 08:00

I'm not familliar with the particular monitor.

Could it be an SD vs. SDHC problem?   Is the problem occurring with the same memory cards you used to use fine?

My old 2405FPW had an SD card reader in it, but once the SDHC cards came out it would not read them.  It still reads regular SD cards just fine.

Test with old SD only cards and see if it works maybe?

February 24th, 2011 09:00

It sure seems to be. Older SD card works fine and I also got the SDHC card to work - plugging it into an Eye-Fi USB card reader!  I was thinking it to be worse than that because I also have a 256K Compact Flash card that Windows does nothing with either - but its very old and I'm sure it likely a bad card.  Thanks!

11 Posts

February 24th, 2011 09:00

No problem!

it irked me at first as well when the industry updated to SDHC and threw backwards compatibility out the window.  I suddently had a monitor with a slot that wasn't useful on the latest and greatest cards for my camera.

Then I realized how dirt cheap and compact SDHC card readers can be.  I bought a few, stuck one permanently in the side USB port of my monitor, and then forgot about it :p

No Events found!