Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2017 16:00

S2417DG, Nvidia GTX 1070, DP not working

Background of the story: I bought my monitor around Feb this year and has been working fine up till 2 weeks ago. It suddenly did not work one day and would only go to power saving mode when booted up. I thought that this was an issue with the monitor and called dell support to get a replacement monitor.

My replacement monitor arrived and worked for 3 days, after which it failed to boot as well and shows the symptoms as my original monitor. Upon boot it just goes to power saving mode when using DP cable.

I have tried changing cables and it does not work. My pc is working fine as I can still hear audio from it. I have not tried a hdmi cable as I do not have one currently with me.

Specs

Video card: GTX 1070

The only changes to my system that I remember days before the issues started appearing on my original monitor was updating my graphic Drivers and having a windows update (the update was quite bugs if I recall correctly)

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 1st, 2017 06:00

* Does the standalone BID (Built-in Diagnostics) pass or fail? Page 40

* List every video out port on that GTX 1070

December 1st, 2017 19:00

I am traveling at the moment and can’t perform the bid. I will post the results when I get back. I believe my gtx1070 has 1 dvi, 1 DP and 3 hdmi

December 2nd, 2017 21:00

I performed the bid and the test is ok. However it’s still not showing a display on DP

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 3rd, 2017 14:00

I doubt that the monitors were defective. Sounds like the Nvidia driver or the Windows update are the actual culprits. Using HDMI, roll back the Nvidia driver to reinstall the prior Nvidia driver. Reboot when done.

No Events found!