Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

March 27th, 2018 11:00

S2417DG, vertical blue lines on screen

in addition to my previous post, blue vertical lines have appeared on the screen and the dynamically move from time to time...mostly on the top of the screen

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 27th, 2018 13:00

* To what computer model is the monitor attached?
* What operating system is installed on the computer?
* What video card/GPU is installed in the computer?
* What video OUT ports are on the video card/GPU?
* List all monitor cables and adapters attached to the computer and the ports they are using and how they are connecting to the monitor. For example =
Computer video card GTX 1080 DP out port --> S2417DG DP to DP cable --> S2417DG DP in port
Computer USB port --> S2417DG USB upstream cable --> S2417DG USB upstream port
* Do you see the lines when running the stand alone BID (Built-in Diagnostics), page 40?

4 Posts

March 27th, 2018 20:00

I5 4570
GA-H87-HD3
GTX 1050TI
8GB RAM
DVI, 4 HDMI and a DP port.
Windows 10 build 1709
"Computer video card GTX 1080 DP out port --> S2417DG DP to DP cable --> S2417DG DP in port
Computer USB port --> S2417DG USB upstream cable --> S2417DG USB upstream port" - that
did see some very small lines that are almost unnoticeable but only on the red screen.
in this very moment after being off for the night and after I disconnected the cables and held the power button for maybe 50 seconds it disappeared - but I fear there might be something not right within the monitor and after several hours of use the problem will appear once again.
I failed to mention that the lines mostly appeared on the top part of the screen and moved to any non full screen windows like pictures.
EDIT: appeared again, I think it might me image retention..
EDIT 2: Letting the PC and monitor power down temporarily solves the problem - I get the lines after I leave the monitor on and it shows static desktop. 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 28th, 2018 06:00

You should be using a screensaver after 3 minutes of inactivity. If you are really concerned, return the monitor to the reseller. Buy a new one directly from the Dell site.

No Events found!