Below is my RIG =
Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Plus
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X
RAM: 2*8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 MHz
PSU: Corsair VS650
Monitor: S2716DG

Back Story =
I just bought the S2716DG from a non-official dealer. The PC build is custom and all components are brand new with warranty. Before buying this S2716DG, I was using a 60Hz with HDMI cable, working absolutely fine.

Issue =
Now I am using my new S2716DG with DP cable. The resolution is 2560x1440. The issue is that when I change the frequency of my S2716DG to 144Hz, it randomly starts giving green vertical lines on right half of the screen.
Sometimes they are dark and sometimes they just disappear. On a white background, I cannot see it. But on dark, like black or grey, they are prominent.

Things I tried =
- I have tried turning on and off G-Sync
- Switched to other DP output of my graphics card
- Changed the DP Cable
- Hard reset the S2716DG (By pressing power button for 10 seconds while there is no power cable and DP cable attached)

All above things did not worked for me. Hard reset solves the problem temporarily. Have anyone faced this issue before or know how to fix this. Please suggest the solutions. Thanks in Advance.

Below are the screenshots =

Capture1.JPGCapture.JPG

August 11th, 2020 03:00

I opened the monitor myself and apparently there was a loose connector inside. Fixed the problem after plugging it again.

• 

25.7K Posts

July 15th, 2020 02:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 15th, 2020 03:00

* We still need the private S2716DG service tag number sent to DELL-Cares via private message
* What is the non-private 20 digit serial number?
* Because you did not purchase this S2716DG directly from Dell, you need to fill out the Service Tag number Ownership Transfer form

* Do you see the issue when testing 85Hz/100Hz/120Hz?
* Is there another PC there with Nvidia video card to test the S2716DG?

July 16th, 2020 03:00

Hi @DELL-Chris M 

* We still need the private S2716DG service tag number sent to DELL-Cares via private message

I have sent the Service Tag Number to @DELL-Cares via private message

* What is the non-private 20 digit serial number?

CN-0JCVN0-QDC00-774-0CNQ-A04

* Because you did not purchase this S2716DG directly from Dell, you need to fill out the Service Tag number Ownership Transfer form

I have submitted this form. I didn't knew the previous owner details so i just filled that with store guy name.

* Do you see the issue when testing 85Hz/100Hz/120Hz?

At first the issue was only in 144Hz but now it also occurs on 60Hz and all the other refresh rates as well.

* Is there another PC there with Nvidia video card to test the S2716DG?

No, I dont have any other PC. But i tried one thing, when the lines appeared, I unplugged the DP Cable from the monitor and the lines were still there. So i am assuming the lines are not coming from the graphics card.

I am thinking this is a hardware issue, because when the lines appears i give the back plastic (right above the DP/HDMI ports) a soft knock, they disappears. Maybe there is some connector loose inside. I haven't tried to open it myself.

The store guy told me they bought these from Australia and imported them to Pakistan in a container. He is also not giving me a refund. So i am stuck with this. Hope the issue can be resolved

July 22nd, 2020 02:00

The issue was not resolved because my monitor was not in warranty.

They can only help you when you have valid warranty. After that you are on your own.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 22nd, 2020 05:00

It was manufactured on July 4, 2017. Since power cable disconnected/power button 8 seconds solves the problem temporarily, it does point to an intermittent internal hardware failure. Unfortunately, Dell does not repair monitors, sell monitor internal components, or have monitor disassembly documentation.

No Events found!