Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Message

December 4th, 2019 17:00

S3219D, faint horizontal grey lines

I have seen people asked about this before but does not seem to have a solution. I bought this S3219D brand new and it has these thin horizontal grey lines filled most of the screen except about 1" from the top which looks normal. I went through Dell tech support and was told it was normal! No! It is not normal. It is very difficult to photograph the S3219D in blue/red/green color in self test mode.I can clearly see the lines but the camera just could not catch them. However, I was able to photograph it under white background in self test mode. But I can’t find a way to upload the photo here.

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.5K Posts

December 6th, 2019 05:00

A monitor exchange was set up on 2/4/20.

According to your tech support supervisor, the grey lines are normal, which is ridiculous.

They are confusing two different issues. You have a different horizontal line issue as shown in your picture below =

They are referring to the vertical line issue below.

Vertical bands/lines on the S3219D is a result of the LCD matrix design and not a product fault. Dell will not exchange these. Do not use a light gray or soft white background, or contact the seller for a refund.

Community Manager

• 

54.5K Posts

December 5th, 2019 05:00

This S3219D is not in your name/ownership. You have to fill out the service tag ownership transfer form.

How to post a picture in the body of your reply

After you have Factory Reset the S3219D (page 39), we need to see pictures of ALL the Built-in diagnostics colored screens (page 47).

No Events found!