Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Message

November 1st, 2020 20:00

S3221QS, MacBook Pro, USB Type-C to DP issue

Hi 

I have recently bought S3221QS monitor. However, I am facing issues when connecting to the MacBook Pro 13" 2020 when I tried to connect with Moshi USB Type-C to DP 5K cable

The above cable got very good reviews, but in my case got the message on the S3221QS that the DP can not be detected.

Then I tried to connect with Satechi cable which is USB Type-C to HDMI cable. The cable seems to work perfectly fine and I am getting 4K 60Hz.

Does it mean that my S3221QS DP is not functioning? As the USB Type-C to HDMI is working but the USB Type-C to DP is not working?

November 20th, 2020 08:00

Just want to add that my problem was solved: After spending a few hours, the solution was actually to disconnect the power cord, wait maybe a minute then plug it back.

Reading from other people's experience, the soft off seems to have troubles removing some memory effect of the connection, and totally unplugging it helps.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 10th, 2020 06:00

Dell only provided Windows OS "drivers" as shown on the S3221QS driver page. We did also provide a macOS firmware M2C103 but there is no Dell Technical Support when running on macOS. Dell will need you to test the S3221QS DP 1.2 in port from a Windows based PC. Read the sticky on the top of the Monitors Forum board, "Dell monitor, Apple FAQ". You should start a new thread on the Apple Forum to get other Apple users assistance.

(edited)

November 20th, 2020 07:00

I am not using mac, but connecting from Windows and AMD Vega 56 through display port to the same monitor,

it also has problem detecting the signal. It worked very briefly, but then on rebooting my computer it cannot detect the signal anymore from display port, while HDMI works well.

Could that be a defect of the monitor with its display port?

January 3rd, 2022 09:00

Had the same issue.  I am 1 month out of warranty and they told me solution is buy a new monitor. After unplugging, it took around 5 minutes before the power LED stopped blinking, so there is definitely some capacitive charge holding the settings. In any case, the hard power cycle worked and DP is now working again with non-supported MacBook Pro and S3221QS. Thanks!

(edited)

No Events found!