Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

3 Posts

April 6th, 2022 09:00

S3422DW, flickering, turns off, MacBook Pro M1

My new Dell S3422DW worked fine for some days. Now constantly after around 10 seconds flickering starts for about 2 seconds, monitor turns black and goes to sleep mode. Running on 60HZ, tried different cables, with and without docking stations. Same result. Is there any solution? Otherwise the monitor will return.

Thanks

3 Posts

Sure, sorry I forgot to mention: Currently on 12.2.1, right now downloading 12.3.1

Community Manager

• 

54.5K Posts

Read through the "Dell monitor, Apple FAQ".

What macOS version are you running? Many hits for, "MacBook Pro M1, external monitor flickering".

3 Posts

April 6th, 2022 10:00

New: After updating now to 12.3.1 the Dell screen reacts somehow, is available at the menu as a display, but remains black.

2 Posts

April 18th, 2022 06:00

This is also happening to me - the same model is connected to my Optiplex 7090 running Windows 11. I have updated the driver and it happens several times in one usage session. It happened once during a Zoom session and I had to disconnect myself from the call, as I could not see myself at all and had no way of seeing whether I was still connected at all.

What is happening, Dell? The monitor is still new - it was purchased in December 2021.

2 Posts

April 18th, 2022 06:00

i.e., what happens to me would be that my monitor would flicker and then turn to black. Pressing the menu buttons would not display the menu at all on the screen. At the moment, it is connected to the Optiplex 7090 through a DP cable. Somehow the weird solution is to connect a HDMI to my MacBook - on occasions, either on the point of being connected, or disconnected to this HDMI cable, the monitor comes back alive again.

Not the most ideal experience.

• 

25.3K Posts

April 18th, 2022 07:00

Hello, I see you are looking for technical assistance. If you need our help, you can start a private/direct message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

No Events found!