Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

6 Posts

March 5th, 2020 07:00

SE2417HGX, locked or other issue (Photo)

Hi all,

New Dell 24" SE2417HGX. I thought is was possibly locked, briefly saw that padlock on power on, but also have this strange icon bottom right of screen, then fades to black. Is that a locked warning or possibly cracked screen?

thanks,

Roy

Capture.JPG

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 5th, 2020 12:00

Just adding my thoughts to this issue.

* This SE2417HGX shipped from Dell to the UK reseller on October 21, 2019. Did the box appear to have been opened when you received it from them?
* Be sure to fill out the Service Tag number Ownership Transfer form

* When the SE2417HGX is off, does that right bottom corner of the panel feel or look any different than any other part of the LCD screen?

* When the SE2417HGX is connected to a PC and you turn both on. Does Windows appear on the SE2417HGX? I mean, is the SE2417HGX functioning?

* The SE2417HGX has five buttons left to right =
Preset Modes/Brightness/Contrast/Menu/Exit/Power
* Press the Exit button for 10 seconds. Does a message about Lock appear? If not, try the same with the Menu button

6 Posts

March 5th, 2020 12:00

Video of screen booting up, a locked padlock can be seen very briefly.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jxCdkngCmhp26jUR8

6 Posts

March 6th, 2020 04:00

Upon switch on the monitor goes to this screen 

Capture.JPG

Selecting the English option, it immediately flashes up a locked padlock for a split second then fades out to a black screen. Clearly the screen is in lock mode. Dell must know how in the firmware what is the unlock sequence. Other Dell screens have a button push sequence to unlock. What is it for this model?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 6th, 2020 05:00

Please answer the following questions I asked in my previous reply =

* When the SE2417HGX is off, does that right bottom corner of the panel feel or look any different than any other part of the LCD screen?

* When the SE2417HGX is connected to a PC and you turn both on. Does Windows appear on the SE2417HGX? I mean, is the SE2417HGX functioning?

* Press the Exit button for 10 seconds. Does a message about Lock appear? If not, try the same with the Menu button

Note, unlike other monitor models, the SE2417HGX User's Guide does not mention a padlock other than the incorrect notation on page 38 which was copied from a different monitor model. The SE2417HGX does not have side buttons nor does it have a button above the power button.

6 Posts

March 6th, 2020 06:00

When the SE2417HGX is off, does that right bottom corner of the panel feel or look any different than any other part of the LCD screen?    No, same as rest of screen

* When the SE2417HGX is connected to a PC and you turn both on. Does Windows appear on the SE2417HGX? I mean, is the SE2417HGX functioning?  No sign of Windows

* Press the Exit button for 10 seconds. Does a message about Lock appear? If not, try the same with the Menu button  Pressing any of those buttons a locked Padlock very briefly flashes up followed by that white Dell logo then all fades out to a black screen, like i said before the screen is clearly in a lock mode, there will be a sequence to unlock it similar to other Dell monitors. Can you ask your firmware/software guys for these screens instructions on how to unlock?

6 Posts

March 9th, 2020 07:00

Is there the option of reloading firmware/software into this screen?

• 

17K Posts

March 9th, 2020 08:00

Roy_W,

The drivers are located here. If you have already loaded them into your computer there is no need to reinstall them again.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 9th, 2020 12:00

A clarification point =

The SE2417HGX driver page does not list any firmware update. It only list the operating system (INF/CAT/ICM) driver. But your question is confusing. You stated above "No sign of Windows". So if the SE2417HGX is NOT working in Windows, there is no way to install the driver.

6 Posts

March 11th, 2020 04:00

Just to add, starting my PC or Laptop with this monitor doesn`t activate the monitor, ie no sign of life from the monitor, only manually pressinf the power button on the monitor boots the screen up to where you see it on those photos.

Received back from Dell this email re change of Warranty. How should i progress now, the monitor is totally useless?

Dear customer,
This E-mail is to update you on the status of your Warranty and Ownership Transfer.

Service Tag

Status

Comments

Success

No Events found!